SlimPort + v1.4 HDMI Cable w/ Ethernet

OP blowfly7012

26th April 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

12 posts
More
I've just received the Analogix SlimPort HDMI adapter (SP1003) for my Nexus 5 and it works fantastically with my short 1-2 metre HDMI cables.

However, if I try a 10 metre cable, the display cycles between on and off every few seconds.

Now, I'm not sure whether it's the length of the cable or if it's the cable's version. My shorter cables are most probably version 1.3 HDMI cables. The 10m one is 1.4 with ethernet.

I've read somewhere that HDMI cables with ethernet do not work with SlimPort. Is that correct? Should I order an older 1.3 version? I'm thinking 10m is a bit excessive anyway and I'll probably go for 3 to 5 metres this time anyway. But I didn't want to order one with ethernet and experience the same problem!
27th April 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 332

1,280 posts
I have a 3m 1.4a HDMI cable and experience the exact same situation. Same happened with a MHL 1.0 adaptor I tried with SG Note 3, so I concluded the cable is just to long for a phone to provide signal. But I'm not sure about this.
29th April 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 102

848 posts
More
I have a hdmi 1.4w/ethernet cable that I use with my slimport. About 2m I think. No problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st May 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #4  
Flag Clearwater, Florida
Thanks Meter: 175

1,158 posts
More
I have been wanting to buy a longer hdmi cable for my Analogix SlimPort SP1003. After reading a couple posts, I'm not sure if a longer cable will work as well.

NEXUS 5
2nd May 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
More
I don't suggest to use a cable longer that 2m.
8th May 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #6  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 143

440 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowfly7012

I've just received the Analogix SlimPort HDMI adapter (SP1003) for my Nexus 5 and it works fantastically with my short 1-2 metre HDMI cables.

However, if I try a 10 metre cable, the display cycles between on and off every few seconds.

Now, I'm not sure whether it's the length of the cable or if it's the cable's version. My shorter cables are most probably version 1.3 HDMI cables. The 10m one is 1.4 with ethernet.

I've read somewhere that HDMI cables with ethernet do not work with SlimPort. Is that correct? Should I order an older 1.3 version? I'm thinking 10m is a bit excessive anyway and I'll probably go for 3 to 5 metres this time anyway. But I didn't want to order one with ethernet and experience the same problem!

If you don't mind me asking, from where did you pick up your Analogix SlimPort? It looks like it's only available from a 3rd party seller on Amazon for $50, and I can't find any other reputable sellers that still sell it for it's original $30 price (or preferably lower ). Thanks.
8th May 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

12 posts
More
So I sent the 10m cable back and ordered the cheapest 3m cable I could find from Amazon UK here. It doesn't even say what version it is, so I assumed it was 1.3 without ethernet.

I got lucky as this cable works perfectly. No dropouts at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39

If you don't mind me asking, from where did you pick up your Analogix SlimPort? It looks like it's only available from a 3rd party seller on Amazon for $50, and I can't find any other reputable sellers that still sell it for it's original $30 price (or preferably lower ). Thanks.

I got my adapter from Amazon UK here for around 20 ($30) as I live in the UK. I can't seem to find the same one on amazon.com. One of the cheaper ones might be just as good as the adapter is only passive anyway.
9th May 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 132

1,063 posts
Anyone heard/tried Kanex SLIMPORT

Apparently it supports
Easily display and share your videos, photos, games and more from your Google Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and Nexus 7 to an HDTV with high resolutions up to 4K picture quality and full digital audio surround sound

Another MicroUSB to charge your device while its plugged in your device
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfPlF698feI#t=12
Last edited by gd6noob; 9th May 2014 at 01:58 PM.
11th May 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #9  
Flag Lykens
Thanks Meter: 371

1,834 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd6noob

Anyone heard/tried Kanex SLIMPORT

Apparently it supports
Easily display and share your videos, photos, games and more from your Google Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and Nexus 7 to an HDTV with high resolutions up to 4K picture quality and full digital audio surround sound

Another MicroUSB to charge your device while its plugged in your device
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfPlF698feI#t=12

Reading through their website they have some crappy editorial skills, so I'm not gonna trust them. Looks fishy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread