Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Spigen Slim Armor Black (SF)

OP snack_time

4th January 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I'm wondering if anyone has the slim armor black and know if it has the same soft feel (SF) coating as the Ultra Fit black case?

I know the ultra fit case has a soft feel coating and grip similar to the nexus 5 itself, which is really nice. They both have the soft feel "SF" for the black version, so I'd be keen to get the slim armor if it's just the same coating.

Thanks.
4th January 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #2  
Flag Aiea
Thanks Meter: 39

119 posts
Donate to Me
More
According to Amazon, because Spigen seems to have pulled most of their Ultra Fit cases from their website except the clear one, they have revised the Smooth Black option "SF (Soft Feel) Coated: Non-Slip Matte surface with an Excellent Grip" The Crystal Shell, Champagne Gold and the Smooth White colors remain the same as before "Soft Matte (SM) Coated: smooth & matte surface" In my experiences with the Smooth White color the fit is too snug, to the point where removing the case left marks on the top right and bottom right of my phone and SM is very slippy so I'm excited to try out this revised case.
4th January 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #3  

2 posts
Similiar in feel
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangLung

According to Amazon, because Spigen seems to have pulled most of their Ultra Fit cases from their website except the clear one, they have revised the Smooth Black option "SF (Soft Feel) Coated: Non-Slip Matte surface with an Excellent Grip" The Crystal Shell, Champagne Gold and the Smooth White colors remain the same as before "Soft Matte (SM) Coated: smooth & matte surface" In my experiences with the Smooth White color the fit is too snug, to the point where removing the case left marks on the top right and bottom right of my phone and SM is very slippy so I'm excited to try out this revised case.

I just got my Slim Armor case, the case is awesome. Very similar to the otterbox defender for blackberry bold. The Nexus 5's soft touch finish is very closely emulated by this case. not quite as soft but pretty darn close. slightly slicker than the phone itself but far grippier than most other cases. Fit and finish are excellent, protects the camera really well and even boost sound a little when using speaker phone or listening to music. I highly recommend it. My only question is whether it will work with QI chargers. As soon as I can confirm that I will be order a QI charger for my office and bedroom.
4th January 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewtopia

I just got my Slim Armor case, the case is awesome. Very similar to the otterbox defender for blackberry bold. The Nexus 5's soft touch finish is very closely emulated by this case. not quite as soft but pretty darn close. slightly slicker than the phone itself but far grippier than most other cases. Fit and finish are excellent, protects the camera really well and even boost sound a little when using speaker phone or listening to music. I highly recommend it. My only question is whether it will work with QI chargers. As soon as I can confirm that I will be order a QI charger for my office and bedroom.

that sounds awesome, I'll have to get one of these thing. yeah, grip is a big problem for me, so I'm looking for a grippier case without going to those silicone ones. thanks!
4th January 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #5  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 1,270

2,793 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewtopia

Yes it works with qi chargers. I have 2 of the nexus 4 chargers and this case works well with them. I would just suggest a flat charger so the phone won't slip off of it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
4th January 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #6  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 59

362 posts
More
I received mine yesterday. Feels great however the power button is hard to press. Contacted spigen Canada and they will send me a new tpu part! Great customer service. And it charges with my Nokia DT-900

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
4th January 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #7  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xeroeagle

I received mine yesterday. Feels great however the power button is hard to press. Contacted spigen Canada and they will send me a new tpu part! Great customer service. And it charges with my Nokia DT-900

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

I find my power button is definitely a little stiffer than the volume controls, but by no means is it hard to press. I figured it was designed this way so people dont accidentally lock their phone all the time or unlock/power off their phone when it is in their pocket.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread