FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Lollipop Xposed Framework Alpha 4 Released

Good news to all Xposed Framework fans. XDA Senior Recognized … more

Do You Rock Two Phones?

A few people in the comments were surprised to find out that a number of the XDA staff actually use two phones … more

Brand Loyalty: OEMs Giveth and Then Taketh Away

The majority of users here at XDA will feel fierce brand loyalty for a company, whether … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Spigen Slim Armor Black (SF)

4th January 2014, 01:58 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I'm wondering if anyone has the slim armor black and know if it has the same soft feel (SF) coating as the Ultra Fit black case?

I know the ultra fit case has a soft feel coating and grip similar to the nexus 5 itself, which is really nice. They both have the soft feel "SF" for the black version, so I'd be keen to get the slim armor if it's just the same coating.

Thanks.
 
 
4th January 2014, 05:29 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Aiea
Thanks Meter: 39
 
Donate to Me
More
According to Amazon, because Spigen seems to have pulled most of their Ultra Fit cases from their website except the clear one, they have revised the Smooth Black option "SF (Soft Feel) Coated: Non-Slip Matte surface with an Excellent Grip" The Crystal Shell, Champagne Gold and the Smooth White colors remain the same as before "Soft Matte (SM) Coated: smooth & matte surface" In my experiences with the Smooth White color the fit is too snug, to the point where removing the case left marks on the top right and bottom right of my phone and SM is very slippy so I'm excited to try out this revised case.
4th January 2014, 06:21 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Similiar in feel
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangLung

According to Amazon, because Spigen seems to have pulled most of their Ultra Fit cases from their website except the clear one, they have revised the Smooth Black option "SF (Soft Feel) Coated: Non-Slip Matte surface with an Excellent Grip" The Crystal Shell, Champagne Gold and the Smooth White colors remain the same as before "Soft Matte (SM) Coated: smooth & matte surface" In my experiences with the Smooth White color the fit is too snug, to the point where removing the case left marks on the top right and bottom right of my phone and SM is very slippy so I'm excited to try out this revised case.

I just got my Slim Armor case, the case is awesome. Very similar to the otterbox defender for blackberry bold. The Nexus 5's soft touch finish is very closely emulated by this case. not quite as soft but pretty darn close. slightly slicker than the phone itself but far grippier than most other cases. Fit and finish are excellent, protects the camera really well and even boost sound a little when using speaker phone or listening to music. I highly recommend it. My only question is whether it will work with QI chargers. As soon as I can confirm that I will be order a QI charger for my office and bedroom.
4th January 2014, 06:57 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewtopia

I just got my Slim Armor case, the case is awesome. Very similar to the otterbox defender for blackberry bold. The Nexus 5's soft touch finish is very closely emulated by this case. not quite as soft but pretty darn close. slightly slicker than the phone itself but far grippier than most other cases. Fit and finish are excellent, protects the camera really well and even boost sound a little when using speaker phone or listening to music. I highly recommend it. My only question is whether it will work with QI chargers. As soon as I can confirm that I will be order a QI charger for my office and bedroom.

that sounds awesome, I'll have to get one of these thing. yeah, grip is a big problem for me, so I'm looking for a grippier case without going to those silicone ones. thanks!
4th January 2014, 07:00 AM |#5  
shane6374's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 1,270
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewtopia

I just got my Slim Armor case, the case is awesome. Very similar to the otterbox defender for blackberry bold. The Nexus 5's soft touch finish is very closely emulated by this case. not quite as soft but pretty darn close. slightly slicker than the phone itself but far grippier than most other cases. Fit and finish are excellent, protects the camera really well and even boost sound a little when using speaker phone or listening to music. I highly recommend it. My only question is whether it will work with QI chargers. As soon as I can confirm that I will be order a QI charger for my office and bedroom.

Yes it works with qi chargers. I have 2 of the nexus 4 chargers and this case works well with them. I would just suggest a flat charger so the phone won't slip off of it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
4th January 2014, 03:46 PM |#6  
th3xeroeagle's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
I received mine yesterday. Feels great however the power button is hard to press. Contacted spigen Canada and they will send me a new tpu part! Great customer service. And it charges with my Nokia DT-900

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
4th January 2014, 10:18 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xeroeagle

I received mine yesterday. Feels great however the power button is hard to press. Contacted spigen Canada and they will send me a new tpu part! Great customer service. And it charges with my Nokia DT-900

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

I find my power button is definitely a little stiffer than the volume controls, but by no means is it hard to press. I figured it was designed this way so people dont accidentally lock their phone all the time or unlock/power off their phone when it is in their pocket.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Accessories by ThreadRank