5,605,373 Members 42,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Suitable plugs for the headphone jack and USB port?

Tip us?

Cirkustanz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Default Suitable plugs for the headphone jack and USB port?

Call me crazy, but even though I have always used my phones to listen to music/watch video I have never plugged a pair of headphones directly into the phone ever since I bought stereo bluetooth adapters. (My favorites have been sony mw600, mw1, and the samsung hs3000)

Thanks to wireless charging, and the ability to sync data to/from my computer over wifi, even on an automated basis, the only time I have used the USB port on a phone in the last couple of years is when I was first unlocking them.

I mean...they are WIRELESS phones right?

Anyways, I'm not concerned about waterproof plugs or anything like that, I just think that if I'm not using the ports at all it would be nice to have them covered up. I've seen some plugs for these phone plugs, but they are usually REALLY huge.

If you've got some links on some suitable headphone/microusb plugs post them here! The slimmer profile they have, the better!

Thanks.

Liskrig
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirkustanz View Post
Call me crazy, but even though I have always used my phones to listen to music/watch video I have never plugged a pair of headphones directly into the phone ever since I bought stereo bluetooth adapters. (My favorites have been sony mw600, mw1, and the samsung hs3000)

Thanks to wireless charging, and the ability to sync data to/from my computer over wifi, even on an automated basis, the only time I have used the USB port on a phone in the last couple of years is when I was first unlocking them.

I mean...they are WIRELESS phones right?

Anyways, I'm not concerned about waterproof plugs or anything like that, I just think that if I'm not using the ports at all it would be nice to have them covered up. I've seen some plugs for these phone plugs, but they are usually REALLY huge.

If you've got some links on some suitable headphone/microusb plugs post them here! The slimmer profile they have, the better!

Thanks.
I found THESE on eBay. They seem like they would do the job, and for the price, they're not a bad deal.

Hope this helps!
Follow me on twitter!

Current Devices:
Nexus 5 [Black] [32GB]
iPhone 5s [64GB]
iPad 3rd [16Gb] [Wi-Fi] [White]
--
Retired:
HTC One [32GB] [Black]
Rooted HTC Incredible (CM9 + CM9 Kernel)
BlackBerry Bold 9650 [VZW]
Galaxy Nexus
iPhone 4s [32GB]
The Following User Says Thank You to Liskrig For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hetp0st
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have a look at Pressy

Cirkustanz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liskrig View Post
I found THESE on eBay. They seem like they would do the job, and for the price, they're not a bad deal.

Hope this helps!
Those are lovely, much slimmer than others I've seen. I'm going to order a few tomorrow.