5,595,000 Members 39,729 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TDK bluetooth speaker Review

Tip us?

Dani897
Old
(Last edited by Dani897; 25th December 2013 at 04:33 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 679
Default TDK bluetooth speaker Review

ok so my dad was looking for a bt speaker about a month ago and i stumbled across the TDK Q35 while checking out Qi chargers and bt speaker. i told him to take a look and he ended up gettign the A33... well he didin't need the Qi and the A33 was supposed to be an outdoor speaker (though the Q35 may fair just as well as it has seals over the ports, it wasn't advertised as outdoors that i can remember) so i recieved the Q35 for for christmas and figured Qi would be a nice addition over the A33...

both are very good speakers... i think i give the A33 the edge. i mean a lay person may say the opposite. the Q35 has more range and the boomyness of the ported woofer can be tuned out of it with an EQ app but there is a certain level of detail and accuracy the A33 has. things like snare drum hits are more life like.

the Q35 also has a little bit of an annoyance. the unit tends to lock the phones screen when charging like those cases with flip cover that will sleep the phone.. you have to put the phone down diagonally to avoid this. people with the gs4 complain about the same thing i'm not sure if this is a feature, is that supposed to work on magnetism? or is it an RFID thing? maybe stray magnetism from the speakers is causing it if it's a magnetism thing. the Qi also heats the phone more than my samsung and $18 chinese chargers though i'm not sure what the reason for thins would be. i may need to log the temps with an app. also it's easy to turn the unit off unintentionally. i think i would recommend the A33 first but if you want Qi the Q35 isn't bad though it could use a couple revisions (TDK are you listening?).

either way i think if anyone is looking at a beats pill or other BT speaker, maybe they should look into TDK. it may not have the latest and greatest with BT protocols but with a small speaker you probably don't need the most hifi source because lets be honest, how good do you think those little speakers can really reproduce uncompressed audio? these TDK speakers are about the best small speakers i've heard and they are probably not good enough to tell 96k 24bit audio from whatever this is running (i might have to pull some logs to figure that out.. maybe another day).

zolo185
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Pics plz

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk