5,595,815 Members 34,812 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tech21 impact frame (best hybrid case ive seen and felt)

Tip us?

dastinger
Old
Thanks Meter 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by herosemblem View Post
The plastic back will scratch if you put the phone in your pocket. That said, if I come across an extra $8, I will invest in some Meguiars PlastX and a soft microfiber cloth or polishing rag to see if the thousands of spiderweb swirls can be removed.
I already thought about this and will probably do it when the scratches become unbearable.

Also, regarding the fingerprints... I never have any... don't know why.
Google Nexus 5
Rom: KK 4.4.2 Slim
Kernel: Franco
Launcher: Nova

C0dy
Old
(Last edited by C0dy; 2nd March 2014 at 08:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 109
I really like this case, the protection it provides seems really great. I see a lot of people say it's bad that it doesn't protect the bottom, but I like that because then I can use my Meenova USB OTG micro SD card reader with this case. I've only had the case for about an hour and the back seems to scratch pretty easily.

I have a Nexus Wireless Charger coming in the mail soon. Has anyone tried charging their Nexus 5 with the Tech21 case on it using a wireless charger? I'm curious to see if it's compatible with the wireless charger.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ChazzMatt
Old
(Last edited by ChazzMatt; 2nd March 2014 at 06:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0dy View Post
I really like this case, the protection it provides seems really great. I see a lot of people say it's bad that it doesn't protect the bottom, but I like that because then I can use my Meenova USB OTG micro SD card reader with this case. I've only had the case for about an hour and the back seems to scratch pretty easily.

I have a Nexus Wireless Charger coming in the mail soon. Has anyone tried charging their Nexus 5 with the Tech21 case on it using a wireless charger? I'm curious to see if it's compatible with the wireless charger.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
This case is totally compatible with all the Qi wireless chargers. I have 5 wireless charging pads in various rooms around the house, from 3 different manufacturers. My wife and I use them with both our NEXUS 5 phones. Put another at my parents' house, 4th manufacturer. Yeah, I bought a lot.

I actually like the cutout at the bottom, as it gives my pinky finger a resting place to grasp the phone better.

_______
Sent from my Nexus 5 (LG-D820)

Nexus 5 (LG-D820)

Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]