Tech21 impact frame (best hybrid case ive seen and felt)

Search This thread

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Wow, $9 for a used one. That's a great deal. I think I paid the T-Mobile store like $36 out the door, and that was WITH something like a 33% off coupon I brought in.

I'm still using mine, like 10ish months later

Same here. Bought my phone in first five minutes of Nexus 5 release back on October 31 last year. Bought several cases. Tried them all, liked about two, LOVED this one. Once I put this on, stopped looking for any others.

MoInSTL

Sep 17, 2012
St. Louis
Local T-Mobile store had it on sale for $14.88 + tax and in red (more like tangerine as is the phone). I don't know how long the sale lasts. I picked mine up on Sunday. I had no idea it was on sale until I called a store to find out if they a red one. Was not showing any sale online.

Just got my phone last Friday and needed to get something for it fast. I have not tried any others, but this one is good so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChazzMatt

Alexh2o17

Apr 25, 2013
I use Ringke fusion until the trasparent back presents a lot of Scratches.. also this cover has this problem??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just picked one up at a local TMo shop after deciding to check since after tax and shipping it was close to retail anyhow. For the question above, they didn't honor the coupon, but I had a giftcard I was using, so wasn't as critical.

I'm switching from a Ringke Fusion, and I was pretty happy with it, although there were a few things that bugged me (like the back not being flush and smudges from the matte back showing up on the clear back).

Overall in comparison, I really like the Tech21 -- I'd been watching these guys since my Galaxy S3/S4 days and never pulled the trigger. I would say the biggest difference from a pure feel perspective is that for some reason the Tech21 feels a little wider (although barely noticeable) but thinner than the Fusion if that makes sense. I would have to say I like the feedback of the buttons on the Fusion a bit better, but the Tech21's are by no means bad.

Both are good cases, and I would recommend either one, but I think I'll be staying with the Tech21 for now, as it just feels and looks a tad bit more polished -- not to mention I really dig the technology behind the Tech21 which is the main reason I pulled the trigger.

The other thing I didn't notice until after I bought it is that it is not completely dark -- meaning you can see a bit of the orange impact material through the case, but personally I think it gives it a bit of a "cool" appeal.

Here's some quick shots of the box and sides of the case -- sorry I'm no photographer, so they could be a whole lot better, but hopefully it gives anyone wondering the fit an idea on a N5.
    Just saw on their twitter page that they have them available at T-Mobile stores in the US. Will confirm this tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Checked the T-Mobile website and found this. Too steep for $30 bucks though.

http://www.t-mobile.com/accessories/google-nexus-5-tech-21-impact-snap-case-clear-with-black.html

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Just FYI, if you're ordering from T-Mobile, use promo code ACCOFFER18 for 30% off; or if that expires, WINTER25 for 25% off.
    you can print this coupon and take to the store for 30% off, only paid $22.47 after taxes and $21.00 W/O

Expire: 2/28/14

UPDATE: Here's a direct Link
    Link: http://t-mobilecoupon.azurewebsites...e=H1_-_VAL_-_REV_-_HOLIDAY_DISCOUNT_-_NA_-_SB
    Just posted a video about it on my channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T0XwPq8BjY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my Nexus 5
    Can you post pictures of the flip case?
    2014-01-20%20(1).jpg

2014-01-20%20(2).jpg

2014-01-20%20(3).jpg

2014-01-20.jpg