FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Tempered Glass Questions

1,420 posts
Thanks Meter: 371
 
By markdapimp, Senior Member on 3rd February 2014, 06:54 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
First things first is this legit? or some cheap knockoff of the real stuff!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-Real...item5d48cb0407

second question when the glass is applied can it be ever taken off?

Sorry for the newb questions this is my first time applying a screen protector
 
 
3rd February 2014, 07:49 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp

First things first is this legit? or some cheap knockoff of the real stuff!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-Real...item5d48cb0407

second question when the glass is applied can it be ever taken off?

Sorry for the newb questions this is my first time applying a screen protector

these are probably generic unbranded tempered glass protector. I bought a similar one from China during my most recent trip. Works just as intended and it's cheaper than branded ones.

If you ever decide to stop using it, you can just use your fingernail and lift it like any other normal film screen protector.
4th February 2014, 12:34 AM |#3  
NJ_RAMS_FAN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West New York, NJ
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
I'm also looking into these.I never had a glass protector but I feel $30-40 is a bit too much for my blood. maybe I should try these. and If I like the feel, later on invest on a better quality one.
4th February 2014, 12:40 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_RAMS_FAN

I'm also looking into these.I never had a glass protector but I feel $30-40 is a bit too much for my blood. maybe I should try these. and If I like the feel, later on invest on a better quality one.

Ordered one yesterday its shipping from the USA so must be fast because US to US ill let you know how it goes
4th February 2014, 02:33 AM |#5  
NJ_RAMS_FAN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West New York, NJ
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp

Ordered one yesterday its shipping from the USA so must be fast because US to US ill let you know how it goes

haha. I might just order one just to try it.
4th February 2014, 03:58 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_RAMS_FAN

I'm also looking into these.I never had a glass protector but I feel $30-40 is a bit too much for my blood. maybe I should try these. and If I like the feel, later on invest on a better quality one.

How about this? IMO $16 is not bad for such highly rated product.
4th February 2014, 04:04 AM |#7  
NJ_RAMS_FAN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West New York, NJ
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistkill

How about this? IMO $16 is not bad for such highly rated product.

which one is $16?
4th February 2014, 04:08 AM |#8  
shadowdevil's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 189
 
More
Guys go with slim ones because i ordered Nilkin and it forms spider webs even i applied with so much care
4th February 2014, 04:36 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_RAMS_FAN

which one is $16?

Oops, It didn't let me post the link.

Search for "Anker Nexus 5 Tempered Glass" in Amazon.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

http://www.amazon.com/Scratch-Termin.../dp/B00GTIH064
4th February 2014, 04:47 AM |#10  
NJ_RAMS_FAN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West New York, NJ
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
A yes. I saw that on amazon. Put it on my watch list.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes