Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,588 Members 47,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it just me? Tempered Glass Screen Proctector

Tip us?

dre4mer16
Old
(Last edited by dre4mer16; 4th January 2014 at 02:02 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Is it just me? Tempered Glass Screen Proctector

Is it just me or do i have a weird Nexus 5?

I purchased these tempered glass screen protector:
MIME
Anker
iloome Flex

I am having a bit of frustration. The MIME and Anker both thicker than iloome Flex have both created "exact" small bubble areas between the led notification light. The bubbles are small and are about the size of half a grain of rice. It is very annoying. I have attempted to push the bubbles out but they always and will tend to just come back to its original form. I am mind blown. I ordered the Anker brand first and figured it was a defect to which I ordered MIME version and it was the exact same problem. Anyone experience this?

iloome Flex fits just fine but it is a bit thin with no bubbles but it doesn't feel the same as a thicker one like MIME or Anker.

vibhav1991
Old
Thanks Meter 72
I noticed a small dimple in my screen when I was looking at an overhead light being reflected off the screen. The image seemed slightly distorted. You could try that to see if you have the same issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Philly Jim
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Very strange I'm using the iloome on my Note 3 I've had zero issues

I'm using The Mime Feather on my N5 awesome zero issues

It sounds to me like you have gotten like oil from a or some other foreign substance right there where the problem lays I would

Try to lift up the bottom with a razor blade and take a Q tip with some monster cleaner on it or something of that

Nature it's just really weird that happening in the same spot I'll bet money there's a foreign substance on phone

Since it's happened more then once I'll rule out the Protector itself, if your anything like me it probably you

Crazy so maybe it's worth the shot, I don't think it's a Protector thing......
Current Devices
Nexus 5 32 Graviton V 3.5
Smoking Note 3 SLIM V 23
Galaxy Note 10.1 Hyperdrive
Nexus 7 32 Gig 2013 Sinless Rom V 3.2.1

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 281
Quite a few people were reporting this with all the early glass protectors. The phone's can have small dimples and if the adhesive isn't strong enough this can happen. I wouldn't count out the grease mark idea either though.
W32

chocolazy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
According to the shop I purchased from, it is normal because the tempered glass are flat. But the screen is not exactly flat. That's why. I am not quite too sure about this. But I chose to tolerate with it because I am happy with the build of the material.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
HTC ONE XL, stock, rooted, s-off, bootloader unlocked

Bleys43
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolazy View Post
According to the shop I purchased from, it is normal because the tempered glass are flat. But the screen is not exactly flat. That's why. I am not quite too sure about this. But I chose to tolerate with it because I am happy with the build of the material.

The first edition of the Spigen glas.tr had the same problem. They recalled them, made it thinner, thus more flexible, and increased the amount of adhesive, and the new version adheres perfectly, no bubbles.

Dani897
Old
Thanks Meter 683
you need a thinner flexible protector because the phone is very pliable... it's kind freaky but occasionally if you put it down on a table it will rock on the corners. but you can actually straighten the phone with just a little twist. my samsung phones were light and had some give but they had much better memory/elasticity... not so much maliability/ductility. one member sat on his n5 the first week and the screen ended up curving like a smasung gnex or nexus s resulting in some light bleed but a functional phone otherwise... i've never really liked the way lg makes a phone but i do love the overall package... i mean this thing is really fast and i love stock android simplicity.

WoodburyMan
Old
Thanks Meter 475
I'm on my second Spidgen Glass.Tr (first one I got dust particles on). Both originally kept giving me air bubbles in the upper right hand portion of the screen I was able to work them out but it took a long time. Possible surface bump on the glass on the phone, perhaps on yours as well.
Black OnePLus 64gb Android 4.4.4 Unofficial SlimROM Daily Builds
White Nexus 5 32gb Android 4.4.4 Unofficial SlimROM Daily Builds
Nexus 7 2013 Android 4.4.4 Unofficial SlimROM Daily Builds
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Android 4.4.4 Unofficial SlimROM Daily Builds
Archos Home Connect 35 4gb Android 2.2 Rooted Stock Firmware 2.4.83