5,606,722 Members 36,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Thinking of buying the official Nexus 5 bumper case?

Tip us?

Danub
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Thinking of buying the official Nexus 5 bumper case?

What are peoples experiences and thoughts of it? I know it's pricey but kinda OCD in that way where I like all my stuff official. Does it still stay slim yet have a premium feel to it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

vaibhav.ravi
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danub View Post
What are peoples experiences and thoughts of it? I know it's pricey but kinda OCD in that way where I like all my stuff official. Does it still stay slim yet have a premium feel to it?

I think its a bit too expensive for me. I hardly drop my phone and take very good care of it. But from the reviews online, its a well constructed case with a premium feel. So if budget isn't an issue, you can get that. And it does offer decent drop protection.

ern88
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I am ordering the Tudia Wav Hybrid. The video sold me. Check out the drop test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZyLInX4EsM

PLUS IT IS $9.99 72% off the regular price over at amazon!!!

dre4mer16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just got mine in tonight. Will give you feedback in a day or so..

What I read was that the clear coat doesn't last as long and starts to peel...hopefully that doesn't happened...

I ordered the black one and I heard that the color ones is harder to see the peels.

What I like so far is that being that is is official..The case fits so perfectly without messing up my tempered glass screen protector; using iloome flex at the moment, MIME version is on the way

OregonLawyer
Old
(Last edited by OregonLawyer; 28th December 2013 at 04:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:

It's pretty awful, the non-black ones stain just from the color of your pockets and the coating rubs off of the black case.

Would not buy again.

Check on the thread regarding the LG hardshell which seemingly does exist and has the Nexus logo on the back.

Danub
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonLawyer View Post
It's pretty awful, the non-black ones stain just from the color of your pockets and the coating rubs off of the black case.

Would not buy again.

Check on the thread regarding the LG hardshell which seemingly does exist and has the Nexus logo on the back.
Hmm I was deciding on the red one too. So do most people have this colour problem too? I like it cos its quite nice looking and simplistic

BirchBarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:

PSA: Don't buy the OEM case

I currenly have a Diztronic case on its way...

OregonLawyer
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Hmm I was deciding on the red one too. So do most people have this colour problem too? I like it cos its quite nice looking and simplistic

Yup.

While waiting on the LG hardshell to become available I ordered some .99 ebay quicksand cases. Some good reviews on this forum and they are simplistic without any branding.

Danub
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
PSA: Don't buy the OEM case

I currenly have a Diztronic case on its way...
Oh I've heard of this Diztronic. Looks good but dunno if they sell it here in Hong Kong. Guess I'll have to order it online

mmmmBACON
Old
Thanks Meter 586
This is what some people have been seeing with their Nexus 5 bumper cases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5oEj4hJsd0

The finish is peeling, and they have staining and discoloration.

There are better cases out there for cheaper. The only thing this one had going for it was the Nexus branding on it, but if the quality is crap there's no point.