Trident Case for Nexus 5

OP dkong322

14th February 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 5

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister99403

They said on Facebook they will only be doing the aegis

This makes me extremely sad, because I loved the Kraken AMS for my previous phone. Generally, I'm careful with my devices, but every so often, I need rugged protection. That kickstand was nice, too. May get the Ballistic case, or hold out for another kickstand-havin' rugged case. Until then, I'll keep it in the Spigen UH.
8th March 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 103

414 posts
Donate to Me
More
So the trident case comes with a screen protector. I seen through the thread that it does not come applied, so I'm assuming that it is not integrated with the case and instead a separate thing?

-wardawgmalvicious
Rooted N5/N7 2nd Gen
MultiROM TWRP
Franco Kernel
Stock 4.4.2 infused with GB
Ubuntu Touch r226
-Sent using Tapatalk
8th March 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #43  
Pittsburgh, PA.
Thanks Meter: 397

1,752 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardawgmalvicious

So the trident case comes with a screen protector. I seen through the thread that it does not come applied, so I'm assuming that it is not integrated with the case and instead a separate thing?

-wardawgmalvicious
Rooted N5/N7 2nd Gen
MultiROM TWRP
Franco Kernel
Ubuntu Touch r226
-Sent using Tapatalk

Yeah its separate. Its actually better than the protectors I got from T-Mobile.
8th March 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 103

414 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1.8matt

Yeah its separate. Its actually better than the protectors I got from T-Mobile.

Ok sounds good, thanks for the reply!

-wardawgmalvicious
Rooted N5/N7 2nd Gen
MultiROM TWRP
Franco Kernel
Ubuntu Touch r226
-Sent using Tapatalk
18th March 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 32

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAiden

This makes me extremely sad, because I loved the Kraken AMS for my previous phone. Generally, I'm careful with my devices, but every so often, I need rugged protection. That kickstand was nice, too. May get the Ballistic case, or hold out for another kickstand-havin' rugged case. Until then, I'll keep it in the Spigen UH.

Something like this? http://www.seidioonline.com/lg-googl...k3lgn5k-bk.htm

Just sold my Xperia Z1 on eBay and going to pick up a Nexus 5, thanks for all the reviews on the Aegis!! I'll probably pick it up once I get the Nexus.
16th April 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 186

794 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enriquelabrada

Weird mine was like yours, and the boxes shipped in perfect condition for me. I had a theory it was intentional so the hard part could be removed easily along with the case altogether.

Mine didn't seal at the top either, until I realized that some of the inner part of the case on the side with the volume rockers and the area around the camera were partially stuck under the plastic.. Use a fingernail to pry them out and it fits perfectly

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th May 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 384

1,890 posts
Question for all of you who have been using the trident, would it fit with a tempered glass screen protector? I have a spigen glas tr and I like the looks of this Trident case but I'm not sure it will fit without lifting the glas T.
13th May 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #48  
Flag St.Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 60

251 posts
Donate to Me
More
How are skirtings high? In some cases like this they are abstruct to left/right short swipes from edges of a screen.
13th May 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #49  
Thanks Meter: 384

1,890 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73

Question for all of you who have been using the trident, would it fit with a tempered glass screen protector? I have a spigen glas tr and I like the looks of this Trident case but I'm not sure it will fit without lifting the glas T.

I'm going to quote and answer myself, if anybody is thinking about getting this case according to trident customer service it will definitely work with a tempered glass screen protector. I emailed them and got a response that they did not know if it would fit, and then a few hours later I got a second response saying they had gotten some employees to check and it definitely fit with a glass TR. Pretty sure I'm going to be ordering one of these, the case looks good and their customer service seems top notch

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread