Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,617 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fitness Armbands

Tip us?

got_killed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Fitness Armbands

Looking to use my N5 with an armband at the gym. Been looking and have found only one specifically for the N5: http://www.amazon.com/Ionic-ACTIVE-A...exus+5+armband

Any experience with this brand? Has anyone found other potential armbands? Thanks!

techteacher2
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I have and love my Armpocket for my N4 and am ordering the bigger model for my soon to be here N5.

Logged about 400 miles running with the armpocket in all temps/weather since Feb....even pouring rain. Never had any trouble with moisture in the phone's compartment.

They are expensive, but if you use it a lot it is well worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by got_killed View Post
Looking to use my N5 with an armband at the gym. Been looking and have found only one specifically for the N5: http://www.amazon.com/Ionic-ACTIVE-A...exus+5+armband

Any experience with this brand? Has anyone found other potential armbands? Thanks!
==================================
AT&T
Nexus 5

Retired/Sold: Nexus 4, HTC One XL, Atrix, Samsung Slate 7, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Tilt 2, Fuze
The Following User Says Thank You to techteacher2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CNLiberal
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by techteacher2 View Post
I have and love my Armpocket for my N4 and am ordering the bigger model for my soon to be here N5.

Logged about 400 miles running with the armpocket in all temps/weather since Feb....even pouring rain. Never had any trouble with moisture in the phone's compartment.

They are expensive, but if you use it a lot it is well worth it.
Which model of Arm Pocket are you specifically ordering for the N5?
Nexus 5, Rooted, Xposed Framework and Gravity Box

Nexus 7
USBROM FW, Rooted to add USB OTG + Charging for use in my Chevy Tahoe

PAST: Galaxy Nexus Maguro(GSM) CM10.2, Samsung Galaxy S2 (I777) CM9, iPhone 3GS, Motorola v3m wiped to Java FW.
Grandfathered AT&T Unlimited Data

techteacher2
Old
(Last edited by techteacher2; 4th November 2013 at 01:09 AM.) Reason: clarity
Thanks Meter 19
I ordered the i35. I did a quick review of the i30 w/N4 when I first got it and you can see it is a tight fit. With N5 being a little bigger, I'm assuming it won't fit.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2182251

Will do a similar review later in the week w/N5 and I35 when everything is here.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
AT&T
Nexus 5

Retired/Sold: Nexus 4, HTC One XL, Atrix, Samsung Slate 7, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Tilt 2, Fuze

techteacher2
Old
(Last edited by techteacher2; 4th November 2013 at 08:40 PM.) Reason: Youtube link screwup
Thanks Meter 19
Here is a quick video to show the Nexus 5 and the Armpocket I-30. The zipper would shut, but I wouldn't say it fits. If you are looking at the Armpocket, go with the bigger model, I-35. Mine should be here later in the week and I'll put up a quick video showing the fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtqWoZhMbqM
AT&T
Nexus 5

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to techteacher2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CNLiberal
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by techteacher2 View Post
Here is a quick video to show the Nexus 5 and the Armpocket I-30. The zipper would shut, but I wouldn't say it fits. If you are looking at the Armpocket, go with the bigger model, I-35. Mine should be here later in the week and I'll put up a quick video showing the fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtqWoZhMbqM
Good video. I'll wait to see your I-35 video just to be sure
Nexus 5, Rooted, Xposed Framework and Gravity Box

Nexus 7
USBROM FW, Rooted to add USB OTG + Charging for use in my Chevy Tahoe

PAST: Galaxy Nexus Maguro(GSM) CM10.2, Samsung Galaxy S2 (I777) CM9, iPhone 3GS, Motorola v3m wiped to Java FW.
Grandfathered AT&T Unlimited Data

ricecake2000
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Both of these look good. But does the armpocket have seperate pouches? I couldn't tell. Would be nice to have a pocket for keys.

techteacher2
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Inside the main pouch there are pockets...the I-30 has two pockets stacked on each other. I carry my car key on every run.

The I-35 says that it has 3 pockets inside....got tracking info this AM and should be here Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricecake2000 View Post
Both of these look good. But does the armpocket have seperate pouches? I couldn't tell. Would be nice to have a pocket for keys.
AT&T
Nexus 5

ricecake2000
Old
Thanks Meter 53
OK sweet. I drive a cruze so the key is a bit bulky.

Now just need to subscribe to my local gym. Haha.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

techteacher2
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I actually carry the clicker for my Toyota pickup and I don't even notice it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricecake2000 View Post
OK sweet. I drive a cruze so the key is a bit bulky.

Now just need to subscribe to my local gym. Haha.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

As promised, here is a quick video tour of the Armpocket I-35...if the weather stays this side of freezing through the night should be able to get in a run with it in the morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OsSuKjS7dI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNLiberal View Post
Good video. I'll wait to see your I-35 video just to be sure
AT&T
Nexus 5

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to techteacher2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]