Tylt Vu vs. Google Nexus Wireless Charger

OP moomingstarz

8th January 2014, 09:06 AM   |  #11  
Highbury
Thanks Meter: 19

174 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moomingstarz

I'm currently using it. I really like it although the magnets aren't as strong because I have the spigen slim armour on it

Worked great with nexus 5 official bumper

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to F-Alfaris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 109

907 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementaldragon

Does the Vu actually charge the phone whether in portrait or landscape sitting on the charger? Cause last i remember, they advertised that in the promo video, but looking closely at the promo video showed the phone NOT charging in landscape orientation.

Yeah mine charge fine in either orientation. Some times I watch video on it in landscape. But I usually have it in portrait.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
9th January 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #13  
Flag Cape Coral
Thanks Meter: 285

1,237 posts
Donate to Me
More
I also have the TYLT VU and have no issues with it, my Nexus 5 or my Nexus 7 charge without any overheating issues..
9th January 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 15

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcOpRo

I also have the TYLT VU and have no issues with it, my Nexus 5 or my Nexus 7 charge without any overheating issues..

Do you use a case with your Nexus? If so, does that interfere with the induction charging?
9th January 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #15  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,478

5,935 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by STXInnovation

Do you use a case with your Nexus? If so, does that interfere with the induction charging?

I use the diztronic tpu case and it works just fine with my TYLT. No overheating issues either.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Quote:

I received the Google Nexus charger yesterday and the Tylt Vu is coming in tomorrow. I read the thread in depth, and apparently the company has found the issue and is working on a fix? I'm a little hesitant to keep it but like you, would love more information about the tylt vu!

Where did you read that? Source?
9th January 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #16  
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,064

4,883 posts
More
Quote:

So I got both of these for Christmas but it's a little overboard to keep them both so I'll be sending one back.
I haven't really found anything comparing the two. Does anyone have both? Or have seen both?

Which would you prefer and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frigidazzi

I've had the vu for several months (got it from kick starter). Used it with nexus 4 and now nexus 5. I have no over heating issues. It gets no warmer than my other 3 qi chargers (energizer, lg puck, and generic). Granted I don't have the official n5 charger, but I would take the vu because it's a stand and I love that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

I have the Tylt Vu, the new Nexus Charger, the Orb, the LG (Verizon branded) pad, and the Energizer pad.

I have had the Tylt Vu even before the Kickstarter finished lol. It just showed up at my office one day. I got it for my Nexus 4. Worked fantastically until I tried putting Kit Kat on the N4. I had heating issues and I believe due to wakelocks, but that's not proven. I stopped using it because it kept waking the phone up at night and that bugged the living bejezzus out of me and changed it out for the LG pad until a fix for my waking issues on the N4. Then when the N5 was introduced, it was a no brainer and I bought that one to replace my N4. I gave the LG pad and N4 to my wife and now using the Tylt at home for my everynight charging and no waking in the middle of the night.

I use the new Nexus Wireless charger in the car in conjunction with a vent mount. And because I use a bumper, the magnets grab without issues. I tried my set up with a tpu case and also the Ringke Fusion and neither would stick.

Now I am waiting for my early bird Air dock from indiegogo and seeing if that works better than my diy setup lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to kpjimmy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63

303 posts
Quote:

Let me know how it works. I got the red one, in case that matters.

So I used it and it does get noticeably warm. I haven't experienced it getting hot yet though. The official charger gets my nexus 5 temperature to around 25.5 degrees celcius and the tylt gets my phone to around 37 degrees celcius. I'm not totally sure which one I want to keep yet.
10th January 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #18  
Flag Cape Coral
Thanks Meter: 285

1,237 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have 3 different cases and have no issues with either one of them, A Spigen Slim armor, Spigen Ultra Hybrid & a Cruzerlite TPU case

No issues with charging
10th January 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 15

92 posts
Quote:

So I used it and it does get noticeably warm. I haven't experienced it getting hot yet though. The official charger gets my nexus 5 temperature to around 25.5 degrees celcius and the tylt gets my phone to around 37 degrees celcius. I'm not totally sure which one I want to keep yet.

I don't think that's too abnormal. My phone idles at 30 degrees and charges at 40-45 via USB.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread