Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 36,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CAR Audio: Listening music through Bluetooth

Tip us?

MattSid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default CAR Audio: Listening music through Bluetooth

I need to change my Car Stereo and I'm wondering about this solution: instead of using the AUX Connection from the Nexus 5 to the Car Stereo it would be amazing to use a Bluetooth connection.

This could be a good choice? how about the audio quality? I have tryed it with my old HTC Desire and a entry level Car Stereo and the audio quality was awful...

G1ForFun
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 294
It has gotten much better. I use it in my car regularly with an aftermarket head unit that supports the latest Bluetooth technology. I run speakers and an amp with a sub. I also have an aux cable going to my glove box. For me the difference isn't great enough because I use the Bluetooth and never use the aux cable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phone: Nexus 5 16GB Black
ROM: Purity
Kernel: Code Blue
Recovery: TWRP
Radio: Stock

PsychDrummer
Old
Thanks Meter 90
I actually use a bluetooth dongle which I connect to my cassette adapter in the car. Very cheap way of getting bluetooth music. The audio is decent as well.

SomeGuyDude
Old
Thanks Meter 208
throw Viper4Android on there and it's perfect. If you don't root, it'll still be just fine.
So punish me for weakness, blame me for everything.
I don't like suffering, I like the sympathy it brings.

howard bamber
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Bluetooth is the pits I've speakers that are BT or hard wire and there is a world of difference. The speakers are Bose so it's not quality

From my paid for buggy ass XDA app...

400ixl
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I have a stereo which sends audio and video over HDMI via a slimport adapter. The later version can also do A2DP audio over bluetooth to be connection free.

It also uses the phone's navigation software, so its never out of date. If you have a rooted N5 then you can basically display your phone and all its functionality through the HU. Have a look at the Pioneer AppRadio's and ARUnchained app on here.
Google Nexus 5 - Kitkat 4.4.4
Google Nexus 4 - Kitkat 4.4.4

mrro82
Old
Thanks Meter 257
I have a Bluetooth FM transmitter and it works quite well. Plugs into the cigarette outlet and has a USB port for charging. The sound quality is good. Beats listening to FM radio that's for sure. I got it on amazon for around $30 if I remember correctly.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!

josemedina
Old
(Last edited by josemedina; 7th June 2014 at 10:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
I put a clarion double din unit with Bluetooth, in my wife's car. What it lacks in audio quality(it doesn't lack much) it makes up for with the fact that I don't have an extra cable running to the phone/head unit. It really nice to get in and have the two devices automatically link up.

I am obsessive compulsive over tangled cables, or just cables in general so I also enjoy not having to remove plastics from the dash to run a aux cable in a clean manner.

damnmisur
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Ford Sync user. I love SOKP ROM for sound. I back down the volume two steps from full on my phone and sound is just as good as any other source.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

dougiefresh181
Old
Thanks Meter 11
i have an alpine ute 42bt bluetooth head unit going to 2 6.5 inch alpine sps 610 mids and an 800 watt amp going to two old alpine type e subs. its not the best setup ever, but i cannot hear any difference between using bluetooth and the aux on mine when i have everything dialed in on the head unit and in viperfx
Pretty fly for a wi-fi