Ultimate case to buy ?

Tip us?

itsaaron123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
1. Tech21, only sold at T-Mobile. About $30, but worth it when you see the YouTube video demo. Also search for the thread here discussing it.

2. Spigen Clear Ultra Hybrid. $10 -$15. Totally clear, very flexible and protective. It was my favorite for a few weeks until I got #1.

I bought a dozen more, not worth mentioning except for the Spigen Black Ultra Hybrid with clear back. But #2 (another Spigen) is better.

Still, Tech21 beats them all.

_______
Sent from my Nexus 5 (LG-D820)
reading the tech21 reviews on amazon.. seems like it doesnt hold out well long term. slickwraps does seem awesome,

chris6278
Old
Thanks Meter 107
I have a ton of cases for the N5 but my favorite 2 are the black diztronic tpu and speck candyshell, both awesome cases an look great on ur phone

ChazzMatt
Old
(Last edited by ChazzMatt; 12th February 2014 at 02:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaaron123 View Post
reading the tech21 reviews on amazon.. seems like it doesnt hold out well long term. slickwraps does seem awesome,
I'm seeing tons of glowing reviews on Amazon. As Amazon doesn't (yet) sell the Nexus 5 Tech21, we have to look at other models.

http://www.amazon.com/Tech21-Impact-...sung+galaxy+s4

also check out the Tech21 video review just made in this Nexus 5 forum with real drop tests.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=92

DROP TESTS.

Here's a freeze frame of one right before it hits the floor. Several more after that.

Another one...

Nexus 5 (LG-D820)

Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

vinnyfraser
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaaron123 View Post
I've been reading this forum for an hour and I cant make a decision LOL

Which case should I get for my Nexus 5?

I was gonna get the ultra slim from spigen.. but then I read all these cons. Overall, almost all the "highly reviewed" cases on amazon have been negatively talked about ..

Which case should I get ?

I'm looking for mainly scratch protection, since I dont think i'll be dropping it much. Really do not want to add bulk, and I love the way the N5 feels without a case.

EXTREMELY open to recommendations , even if it goes against what i'm looking for !

If it matters i'm installing a MIME ghost screen protector

looking forward to suggestions and recommendations ! thanks !
I am currently using Spingen Neo Hybrid and i freaking love it! Doesn't add much weight to the phone, protects from drops (Shock protection built into case) and keeps the phone feeling slim. I bought mine on amazon for 20$ and i couldn't be more happier with the buy.

frigidazzi
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Diztronic matte black is my vote

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

bahaa89
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I looked for a case like you have described and I ordered cruzerlite cyanogenmod case.. And I'm waiting to see how it feels like on my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Samsung C100 -> Nokia 6500 -> Nokia E65 -> Nokia E71 -> Samsung Galaxy S i9000 -> Samsung Galaxy S i9100 -> Samsung Galaxy Note ii N7100 -> Google Nexus 5

progrance
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I have a spigen slim armor and It's perfect for me...I like the looks and I think it's good against dropping...

Matrix_19
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Finally, i've got the LG Hardshell, I think it's the ultimate minimal case ever made
it's awesome

IRX120
Old
Thanks Meter 626
personally I think the Seidio Surface case looks nice, its 35$ on sieidos website, but you can get the Seidio convert case (which is a combo of the surface and a otterbox-type case) for 45 on eBay.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

imex99
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Any suggestions on a kickstand case that will work well with a qi wireless charger? My phone is coming midweek....

What's the difference in the surface and dilex case from sedio?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk