is there a usb otg cable that'll power the phone and allow usb connections?

OP tracerit

14th February 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 28

740 posts
More
i like to use my nexus 5/7 to connect to my computer at home through VNC but it draws up quite a bit of power. Is it possible to have a OTG cable that'll connect to the MicroUSB port of the phone and then two cables come out, one that has female MicroUSB port to charge the phone, and a second cable that's a female USB port so I can connect a USB mouse to?

Thanks
14th February 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 310

704 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit

i like to use my nexus 5/7 to connect to my computer at home through VNC but it draws up quite a bit of power. Is it possible to have a OTG cable that'll connect to the MicroUSB port of the phone and then two cables come out, one that has female MicroUSB port to charge the phone, and a second cable that's a female USB port so I can connect a USB mouse to?

Thanks

I have not tried this myself but read on other devices that OTG Y cables will do what your asking.
http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Cable-Po.../dp/B00CXAC1ZW

Be warned that sometimes the specific device will not support concurrent charging. The cable link above specifically mentions the Nexus 7. Read the reviews.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
14th February 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 172

2,467 posts
I have that cable, it does charge the phone but stick doesn't get mounted. I haven't tried to make it work or anything because I don't use it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread