5,598,233 Members 46,993 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

is there a usb otg cable that'll power the phone and allow usb connections?

Tip us?

tracerit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default is there a usb otg cable that'll power the phone and allow usb connections?

i like to use my nexus 5/7 to connect to my computer at home through VNC but it draws up quite a bit of power. Is it possible to have a OTG cable that'll connect to the MicroUSB port of the phone and then two cables come out, one that has female MicroUSB port to charge the phone, and a second cable that's a female USB port so I can connect a USB mouse to?

Thanks

3DSammy
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
i like to use my nexus 5/7 to connect to my computer at home through VNC but it draws up quite a bit of power. Is it possible to have a OTG cable that'll connect to the MicroUSB port of the phone and then two cables come out, one that has female MicroUSB port to charge the phone, and a second cable that's a female USB port so I can connect a USB mouse to?

Thanks
I have not tried this myself but read on other devices that OTG Y cables will do what your asking.
http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Cable-Po.../dp/B00CXAC1ZW

Be warned that sometimes the specific device will not support concurrent charging. The cable link above specifically mentions the Nexus 7. Read the reviews.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Google Nexus 5 & 10: [4.4.2] rooted Stock, Franco kernel (on N5, on N10), TWRP, Xposed, GravityBox, SuperSU Pro and ViPER4Android Audio Effects FX

kolyan
Old
Thanks Meter 170
I have that cable, it does charge the phone but stick doesn't get mounted. I haven't tried to make it work or anything because I don't use it.