How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

USB that came with phone hardly fits?

OP kirov37

18th August 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

39 posts
I got this phone 2 days ago, and I have noticed that the USB that came with it, has something like 2 little teeth at the bottom (I guess they are made to hold in the USB better)... But I kind of have to force the USB to come in, and I am afraid that I will damage the port. So is this USB safe to use and can it damage the port? Should I get an USB from another phone?
18th August 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,134

3,591 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirov37

I got this phone 2 days ago, and I have noticed that the USB that came with it, has something like 2 little teeth at the bottom (I guess they are made to hold in the USB better)... But I kind of have to force the USB to come in, and I am afraid that I will damage the port. So is this USB safe to use and can it damage the port? Should I get an USB from another phone?

Should be fine, I never had issues with it. :/
18th August 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #3  
Chapel Hill NC
Thanks Meter: 251

1,250 posts
More
Quote:

its fine. it's just new and needs to be broken in some. I would make an analogy to something else, but don't think it would be appropriate on xda
The Following User Says Thank You to ethantarheels123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethantarheels123

its fine. it's just new and needs to be broken in some. I would make an analogy to something else, but don't think it would be appropriate on xda

So, I don't have to swap it? Could the port get damaged from this USB?
19th August 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 171

735 posts
More
Quote:

So, I don't have to swap it? Could the port get damaged from this USB?

Its fine, 2 little teeth on the flat part, good usb cables will require some effort and may make a click sound.
My 3rd party usb have smaller teeth which makes the connection flimsy and insecure which is worse over time as it can bend the connection in the phone.

you shouldn't worry, you could use a Qi charger, what's worse is dust and lint blocking up the port being in your pocket which requires a clean
23rd August 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #6  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 327

1,391 posts
More
The cable will ware out before the port on your phone does. That's why it was designed that way, I believe.
23rd August 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I believe this wont damage your device

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread