Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,905 Members 39,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VINYL SKINS Advices

Tip us?

freak744
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Info 2 VINYL SKINS Advices

Hey everyone
I was just wondering whether these Vinyl skins are reliable enough....
I mean can we trust them?

They look all awesome and pretty but does that have its own backdrops?

I got a few advices saying it's not worth it....
For Nexus 5 "the adhesive sticks to the back and ruins the rubberized matte back"
"it causes the Nexus Logo embellishments to come off when you later remove the skin"

Are these true?
I wanted suggestions from people who've used such skins/have had experience with them?

Thanks in advance
Current Phone: Nexus 5 Hammerhead Black
ROM: Stock 4.4.4
Recovery: TWRP Recovery
Kernel: Franco Kernel

Stealyourface
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak744 View Post
Hey everyone

For Nexus 5 "the adhesive sticks to the back and ruins the rubberized matte back"
"it causes the Nexus Logo embellishments to come off when you later remove the skin"

Are these true?
I wanted suggestions from people who've used such skins/have had experience with them?

Thanks in advance
I have heard of both issues before as well. And I'm pretty sure both can be solved by just heating the skin (with hair dryer or something) before removing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stealyourface For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vibhav1991
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak744 View Post
Hey everyone

Are these true?

Thanks in advance
Im using a dbrand skin on my Red Nexus so cant really comment on the rubber peeling off, but there are cutouts for the nexus logo on the back so there's no way that the skin will peel away along eith the nexus logo inlays. All you need to do to peel it off is to heat up the skin with a hair drier or a heat gun and that mkaes it easier to remove it.
The Following User Says Thank You to vibhav1991 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sunnylovesalman
Old
Thanks Meter 2122

DONATE TO ME
I have used 2 Nexus 5 s till date and I keep changing my SW vinyl, ICarbon, Printvenue etc to alter my Phones look almost every 7 days.

I peel off the back without the use of a Heat Gun till date but neither my Nexus 5 Black or White has ever shown problems like u said.

(May be that I got Lucky everytime for the last 30Odd times or the NEXUS 5 quality is just super awesome ).

Here are my 2 Sexy Girlfriends .....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnylovesalman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
vinyl skins