XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless Charger Sale! $25

Tip us?

mmmmBACON
Old
Thanks Meter 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2589 View Post
This is going to be my last post as it isn't adding much to the topic.

Its like comparing a a Mercedes Benz to a Kia. Which one is better my friend? The Benz or the Kia. We all know the high end brand is going to be better.
If you tell me the Kia then we all know who is actually being ignorant.
/end
Way to completely avoid answering the relevant question about the actual products being discussed, and instead bringing up some arbitrary irrelevant comparison instead. Then leaving the thread, well done. You really haven't added anything constructive at all.

But that's alright, because it shows that you can't actually back up anything you say.

At least we know not to listen to you when you recommend products to people.

OregonLawyer
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmBACON View Post
Way to completely avoid answering the relevant question about the actual products being discussed, and instead bringing up some arbitrary irrelevant comparison instead. Then leaving the thread, well done. You really haven't added anything constructive at all.

But that's alright, because it shows that you can't actually back up anything you say.

At least we know not to listen to you when you recommend products to people.
Both my friend (nexus 4) and I (nexus 5) have the nokia charger.

With the nexus 5 it works wonderfully. There is no need for a sweet spot, I just put it on the charger in just about any orientation and it just works. I have no complaints and give no shi-ts about the proprietary charger.

With the nexus 4, the nokia charger sucks (finicky about position, slow, etc).

You guys are both talking out your asses. This is an off brand QI charger which under no circumstance should cost $99 - saying it is a good deal when no specs are available ANYWHERE is just plain foolish.
The Following User Says Thank You to OregonLawyer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmmmBACON
Old
(Last edited by mmmmBACON; 5th January 2014 at 07:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonLawyer View Post
Both my friend (nexus 4) and I (nexus 5) have the nokia charger.

With the nexus 5 it works wonderfully. There is no need for a sweet spot, I just put it on the charger in just about any orientation and it just works. I have no complaints and give no shi-ts about the proprietary charger.

With the nexus 4, the nokia charger sucks (finicky about position, slow, etc).

You guys are both talking out your asses. This is an off brand QI charger which under no circumstance should cost $99 - saying it is a good deal when no specs are available ANYWHERE is just plain foolish.
If you read my posts CLEARLY, nowhere did I say the OPs charger of choice was a good deal. My point was that the recommended Nokia charger given in place of it, was of lower spec than almost all others currently available, and required proprietary connections. That was it. There are better deals, for better chargers, than the Nokia DT-900. That's why I said do not buy.

The Name brand, vs non name brand was an unfortunate dispute that escalated quickly (and apologies for taking part in it). But circular reasoning such as (essentially: Why is the Nokia better? Because it's a Nokia, it's a name brand so it's better) really tweak me the wrong way. If it's better, give proper reasons for it being so, instead of just blanket assumptions that since it's a brand name it's better.

tjl_48
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Love my Nokia DT-900. Would buy again over something like this or a no name eBay brand.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tjl_48 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]