FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

where can i buy original/high quality USB cables?

178 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Caniv, Senior Member on 13th January 2014, 03:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
so I baught a few USB cables from eBay and dealextreme and they charge the phone super slow.

battery widget shows they charge at about 50, compared to my retail that charges super fast at 1000

where do i get GOOD cables?

13th January 2014, 04:30 PM |#2  
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 113

More
A few years ago I bought a couple of blackberry OEM cables on Amazon, and ever since, those have been my favorite ones because they are really nice high quality cables. Recently, I was looking to buy some more, and I bought a pack of 5 for $10 from the ebay listing below. I can vouch that they are the same genuine blackberry cables I've received in the past.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5X-Genuine-O...item5d40bcb6aa
The Following User Says Thank You to timtlm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift timtlm Ad-Free
13th January 2014, 04:47 PM |#3  
Flag North Bergen, NJ
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniv

so I baught a few USB cables from eBay and dealextreme and they charge the phone super slow.

battery widget shows they charge at about 50, compared to my retail that charges super fast at 1000

I don't think its the USB that slows down the charging. It's the charger? I bought plenty of cheap USB and all charge at same speeds using the stock wall charger..
13th January 2014, 04:48 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
first of all, thank you!

2nd lol @28usd shipping to Israel

/=
but should i be just looking for OEM cables?
13th January 2014, 05:05 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_RAMS_FAN

I don't think its the USB that slows down the charging. It's the charger? I bought plenty of cheap USB and all charge at same speeds using the stock wall charger..

same charger head, just switching between the cable itself
13th January 2014, 05:18 PM |#6  
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Quote:

first of all, thank you!

2nd lol @28usd shipping to Israel

/=
but should i be just looking for OEM cables?

Yes, I would look for genuine OEM cables from a name brand. However, with ebay or other sites that have 3rd party sellers, they will often say OEM when in fact they are knock offs. It is more common with chargers than cables. I felt comfortable with that ebay listing because it looked like an actual picture of the product and not a stock image. Also, I already owned a couple, so I knew what they looked like with the blackberry logo on the end.
13th January 2014, 06:32 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 244

More
USB cables plays a big part. out of my 10 USB cables that i own only 2 can manage to transfer 1A.
The Following User Says Thank You to bradputt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bradputt Ad-Free
13th January 2014, 07:03 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Plug USB cable
Quote:

Sir the original is charge like super power.
This Cable is duplicate.
So You buy the cable on the phone shop..
13th January 2014, 07:45 PM |#9  
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Fosmon Vivid Series Flat Tangle Free Micro USB Cable for Smartphones and Other Micro USB Devices (6 Feet, Blue) by Fosmon Technology http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E0M55RC/..._she1sb0525RFD

Comes in a variety of colors. Looks like as of this writing, only the 6ft length is prime eligible. 3ft length has a $2.98USD shipping cost.

I use these all over, have bought many and all are still working great. I use them with a 2A anker charger. Charges my phone very quickly.

Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
13th January 2014, 08:42 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I pretty much buy all of my cables of any kind from Monoprice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleabeard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fleabeard Ad-Free
13th January 2014, 09:15 PM |#11  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 1,062

More
I just posted a thread about this yesterday.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2608236

It's also got a $10 off $30 deal as well. Make sure to choose the Premium Micro USB cable, as the normal one is not guaranteed to charge quickly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)