Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,673 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ADB/FB/APX Driver] Universal Naked Driver 0.73

Tip us?

1wayjonny
Old
(Last edited by 1wayjonny; 6th November 2013 at 12:36 AM.) Reason: better, faster, stonger
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1081
Plug [ADB/FB/APX Driver] Universal Naked Driver 0.73

Universal Naked Driver 0.73
** Nexus 5 Support
** Nvidia Shield ADB added (ADB & Fastboot Only)
** Will update with Nvidia Shield APX asap

Universal Naked Driver 0.72
** HTC One Added (HTC phones are pretty much future proof with my driver)
** Google Nexus 4 Added
** Google Nexus 10 Added
** Google Nexus Q Added
** Google Nexus S Added

32 & 64 Bit Windows 8.1 / 7 / Vista / XP - Attached to this post!
MD5: 5B9EA9C73066E8F655D14BBA8318C176

I am happy to release my Universal Naked Driver. This is to allow ADB, Fastboot & APX interfaces to work without installing any package much less multiples packages for users with multiple devices. Yes you can just install them and uninstall right away but why bother?

I was annoyed that I couldnt use my Transformer Prime and Galaxy Nexus without having versions and packages trip over each other. My previous post for the Sensation & Galaxy Nexus was helpful so I thought I would bring to XDA the newest Android driver available from source (which they call 4.0) and make it start talking.

Warning: Uninstall any previous driver package's you may have installed and also manually remove drivers by attaching your phone and going to Windows device manager and right click the entry for your phone and select "Uninstall" on the next prompt make sure to select "Delete the driver software for this device" then hit OK and reboot before installing these drivers

Code:
Select Code
Google Nexus Devices ADB & Fastboot
Samsung Devices ADB & Fastboot
Asus Devices ADB, Fastboot & APX
HTC Devices ADB & Fastboot
Code:
Select Code
Windows 8 Instructions

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8:

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
Click ‘More PC Settings’.
Click ‘General’.
Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
Wait a bit.
Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
Click ‘Advanced Options’
Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
Click Restart.
Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Universal_Naked_Driver_0.73.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.28 MB, 85906 views)
.: HTC One Google Play Edition
.: Nvidia Shield
.: Nexus 10
.: Download Android Universal Naked Driver for your ADB,Fastboot & APX needs

1) Test Subject

2) Results
The Following 93 Users Say Thank You to 1wayjonny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Haeretik
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
You had a thread allready: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1998650
why didnt you update that one instead of making a new thread?

apristel
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Probably to keep .73 and .72 separate?

jlmcr87
Old
Thanks Meter 633

DONATE TO ME
And windows 8.1?

Devices
: Nokia 6510 -> Sony Ericsson Z600 -> Sony Ericsson W880 -> Sony Ericsson W980 -> Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc -> Google Nexus 5 32GB

1wayjonny
Old
(Last edited by 1wayjonny; 6th November 2013 at 12:30 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeretik View Post
You had a thread allready: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1998650
why didnt you update that one instead of making a new thread?
There always has been more then 2-3 threads for the drivers so this is not new from me.

It also allows for promotion as people are still discovering the drivers. With all the versions I have released and all the autoroot kits on XDA that use these drivers the downloads are over 2 millions downloads and counting.

Once tested well I will update my other threads. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Probably to keep .73 and .72 separate?
Correct it allows to me to roll it out to a smaller userbase with a little control, then I update all threads with new version.

Additionally a good amount of Android autoroot kits rely on my updates and I like to be careful. I do not want to fix whats not broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmcr87 View Post
And windows 8.1?
Yes they works fine with 8.1 I will update the post as well. Thanks for pointing that out.

1) Test Subject

2) Results
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1wayjonny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jlmcr87
Old
Thanks Meter 633

DONATE TO ME
One more question, are this drivers needed? Whats the difference with the google drivers provided in the android SDK? Thanks

Devices
: Nokia 6510 -> Sony Ericsson Z600 -> Sony Ericsson W880 -> Sony Ericsson W980 -> Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc -> Google Nexus 5 32GB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlmcr87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ifti_a
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
One more question, are this drivers needed? Whats the difference with the google drivers provided in the android SDK? Thanks
Would like more info too ? I'm using Google drivers working perfectly....

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Phone : Nexus 5 32GB - AOKP Nightly 2014-04-30
Tablet : Motorola Xoom 32GB Wifi - BigPart Structure - EOS 4 Build 203

DJ-Tumor
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Windows2000 is not listed.
Do the drivers work for Win2000 too?

Usually you wouldn´t find me asking something like this, but my hyper-fast supermachine at work does run on this legendary OS

Since mass storage mode doesn´t work / I didn´t find it to activate....I still look out for a way to mount the nexus5 to that crap thing.

1wayjonny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1081
Quote:
These are based off the newest Google drivers from the SDK, first most they allow anybody to download them and simply unzip the drivers without the need to install the SDK or Java, no EXE's or installations hence the "naked" part.

Secondly and most important these work with over 300 different Android devices as of today. It allows people with multiple devices to not have to install anything on their computer this driver will allow those 300 devices to communicate with fastboot and adb. If you service a friends Android your good to go, if you have multiple devices you are good to go.

These also work with APX devices which is a special flash mode for Nvidia Tegra devices... all in one little zip.

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifti_a View Post
Would like more info too ? I'm using Google drivers working perfectly....

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Please see above =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Tumor View Post
Windows2000 is not listed.
Do the drivers work for Win2000 too?

Usually you wouldn´t find me asking something like this, but my hyper-fast supermachine at work does run on this legendary OS

Since mass storage mode doesn´t work / I didn´t find it to activate....I still look out for a way to mount the nexus5 to that crap thing.
Sorry I have not tested it but feel free to give it a whirl, these will not harm your machine in any way or form. =)

1) Test Subject

2) Results
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1wayjonny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Striatum_bdr
Old
Thanks Meter 883
Your drivers work like a charm, as usual (old asus transformer prime time).

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Striatum_bdr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]