Test folder: ftp://big-bum.uni.cx/.not_so_private
I'm not responsable for data loss or any damage to your phone if you're using my kernel. You flash this at your own risk. Always make a backup!
- backports from upstream for most of main components
- min default CPU freq: 300MHz
- max default CPU freq: 2.26GHz
- default CPU governor: elementalx (flar2)
- available CPU governors: ondemand, performance, powersave, interactive, conservative, userspace
- hotplug: MPDecision
- I/O default schedueler: row
- other available I/O scheduelers: noop, deadline, cfq
- GPU min/max 27/450MHz
- GPU default governor: ondemand
- other GPU available governors: performance
- various memory improvements. This doesn't mean less consumed RAM, also free RAM is wasted RAM for linux. Also, read this: http://www.linuxatemyram.com/
- the famous I2C @ 19.2MHz, plus some other chips dropped at 19.2MHz and voltages lowered for internal components (Cl3Kener)
- compilled with Linaro GCC (5.1.0), LTO (arter)
- removed useless debug
- multicore power saving set on by default
- workqueue udates from linux 3.7, power saving workqueues set on by default
- futexes and mutexes updates
- selinux forced off by default (permissive mode on, ugly hack for root to work, thanks hellscore)
- partialsuspend enabled
- block and cpufreq driver updates
- I probably forgot something
Christopher83 for Linaro GCC binaries, tutorials on how to compile Linaro, his Linaro binaries and tutorials
other people who work on Linux kernel.
arter97 for his LTOed GCC 5.1.0
Kernels from where I cherry-pick: Chaos/Hybrid - neobuddy89, Uber - Cl3Kener
Other guys from where I might cherry pick in the future.
The attached images are from the KK version.
Oh, and if you want to build this for yourself, check this out!
[KERNEL] [M] big-bum, Kernel for the Google Nexus 5
Source Code: https://github.com/StefanescuCristian/hammerhead
Kernel Special Features: LTO, GCC5
Stable Release Date: 2015-06-16
Last Updated 2015-06-16