[KERNEL] [KK 4.4.4] [AOSP] [Code_Blue r280] [Linaro 2014.07 4.9.1 & 4.10.0]
I'm presenting my personal kernel Code_Blue
, that started as an addon for Purity ROM
, called Purified Kernel
Some of you that know me from other Nexus devices asked me to bring back the project, so I (finally) did.
My releases are Dragon_Shield powered and I'm going to share them with you.
All I want is full smoothness, performance and battery on my hammerhead, so I build always with Linaro optimized Cortex A15 toolchains.
This time I aim for a "stockish" feel lean build and for stability purposes I will stay with GCC 4.9.1 for now.
Code is based of android-msm-hammerhead-3.4-kitkat-mr2, forked from android_kernel_lge_hammerhead.
Useful and powerful picks are mandatory
Be sure to join Code_Blue users G+ community
You keep the spirit alive!
Download latest Code_Blue Kernel zip, flash in recovery and profit
No mirrors allowed. Don't post hardlinks, use original links.
Changelog is available @ website also.
- Build on Ubuntu 14.04.1 x86_64 (Dragon_Shield VPS @ www.servercore.com.br - thanks @ChristianLetti)
- Build with toolchains 2014.07 Linaro Cortex-A15 4.9.1 by @Christopher83 and Linaro 4.10 (exp) arm-eabi- by @Cl3Kener
- Full -Ofast+graphite support with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
- Based on android-msm-hammerhead-3.4-kitkat-mr2 + own commits & cherry-picks on demand from several top devs, code aurora, linaro...
- Kernel compressed with LZ4-r120, custom tweaked RAMdisk with GZIP (faster boot times)
- Removed some debug and logging options
- Enhanced performance and battery patches
- Several CPU Governors (bluactive own governor is default)
- Voltage Control UV_mV_table by @franciscofranco (UV down to 700mV possible)
- Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default)
- Network and Wifi tweaks
- Several I/O control (FIOPS is default)
- FSync on/off by @franciscofranco (on by default to secure data integrity)
- Removed stock mpdecision and thermald
- msm_hotplug: custom hotplug by @myfluxi, with screenoff powersaver (max_freq 1190400 @ single core)
- CAF cpu-boost driver tweaked
- Thermal driver by @franciscofranco
- Optimized SMPBOOT, RWSEM, AES and SHA1 routines
- /dev/frandom support (flash zip available bellow)
- Vibrator Strength tunable (60% default)
- KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (removed doubled freqs, goes to idle @ 27MHz)
- GPU Simple Governor by @faux123 (enabled by default)
- Gamma Control by @myfluxi, improved (apply without turning off screen, Piereligio_TrueRGBv6.6 profile by default)
- LCD_KCAL driver added (RGB calibration by @savoca)
- Backlight Dimmer mod by @flar2 & @franciscofranco, tweaked min manual brightness
- USB flash drives automount (OTG is mounted in /storage/usbdisk)
- CDROM emulation added to mass_storage (Drive Droid compatible)
- OTG tweaks with low power mode
- Kexec (multirom) full support by @Tasssadar
- Faux Sound Control, with In-call and headphone volume controls by @faux123)
- Fast Charge toggle (thanks to @faux123)
- init.d support (busybox run-parts required)
- SELinux fixes
- Kernel cleaner script by @neobuddy89
- You can tweak most tunables of kernel with Universal Kernel Manager by @apb_axel
- Compatible with Kernel Tweaker, TricksterMOD, Franco Display Control and Faux Sound Control
- Featured on Rom Directory by @tFrost
Builds are coded as follows:
- releases on stable folder, build with Linaro cortex-a15 4.9.1 (probably weekly)
- exp on tests folder, same commits as stable, build with SM 4.10.0
- beta on tests folder, no changelog, build with Linaro cortex-a15 4.9.1 to minimize issues in troubleshoot.
To enable FRANDOM, flash this
If you have issues with it, just reflash kernel zip.
: If you come from other kernel, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing Code_Blue zip to avoid problems.
Reflash ROM -> flash SuperSU -> Boot device -> flash Code_Blue.
Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
If you like my work and wish to donate, just hit one of the buttons:
Thanks to @franciscofranco
Special thanks to @DariosF
, for the friendship, initial push, knowledge and art.
Awesome graphics and design by @ciprianruse88