Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] [KK 4.4.4] [AOSP] [Code_Blue r209] [Linaro 2014.07 4.9.1 & SM 4.10.0]

Tip us?

eng.stk
Old
(Last edited by eng.stk; Today at 02:41 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6040

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konsumhaus View Post

FYI: In German Android Port Forum User reported a problem: Phone is heating up to 80 C and more while navigating with google maps.

Not a Problem at my side...but other users reported this with code_blue since r179. With r 176 everything seems to be fine.
Nope, thermal is fine. Maps updated a couple days ago, maybe should fix some stuff.
I personally tested myself and with all radio stuff on it was around 50~53 while navigating.
All normal there. With others GPS apps it's even cooler. Maps is somewhat heavy on load I guess.

My question about the game was to check how was throttling behaving, because that really stresses out device specially GPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead0 View Post
ive gone back to b198 which I thought was almost perfect with 209 I found heating was a bit of an issue as after 30 min of browsing with 3g, phone would be quite warm. also with 198, if I left it say at 90% battery, 9 hours later turn screen on - still at 90% deep sleep is fantastic
Your phone heats on 3g, on wifi and specially when you turn on GPS.
I got less than 40 while browsing, social stuff and such.With heavy multitasking maybe 43~45. Phone it's warm, which is natural but not "hot".
And there is no commits from r198 to r209 that would change temperature behavior.

Device: Nexus 5 | Kernel: Code_Blue [dev] & Code_Blue L-preview [dev] | ROM: Purity [β tester]
If you like my work don't forget to hit Thanks, buy me a cup of coffee or a beer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eng.stk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dead0
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng.stk View Post

Your phone heats on 3g, on wifi and specially when you turn on GPS.
I got less than 30 while browsing, social stuff and such.With heavy multitasking maybe 43~465. Phone it's warm, which is natural but not "hot".
I was getting close to 60 when browsing with 209, 198 seems to be fine

PHONE: Google/LG Nexus 5
ROM: SlimKat with BeatsBass and Viper4Android
KERNEL: ElementalX

alen1901
Old
Thanks Meter 6612
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng.stk View Post
What about thermal, all good there?
I didnt noticed any issues there. maybe just a tiny bit warmer with same usage, but nothing i would say is too much or that its overheating. But i allways put my thermal limit to 60 instead of 70.

Sent from Pure Nexus 5
Nexus 5
ROM: Purity
KERNEL: Code_Blue
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nexus 5 Purity rom THEMES. click.

Nexus 4 Purity rom THEMES. click.

My Galaxy S4 lockscreen for Galaxy S2. click.

iLockhart
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I've been using this along with Purity since i have the phone (8 days) and it's amazing. So many potential. And btw, very proud to see that you're Portuguese @eng.stk I'm too.
Tags
code_blue, kernel, linaro, purified, purity