[L][5.0] Android Lpv Dev for N5 Enhanced [Stable 9001]

Yesterday, 08:55 PM   |  #2371  
OP Senior Member
Flag flithydelphia
Thanks Meter: 8,082

7,600 posts
Donate to Me
More
I know the GPS apps issues like Waze and so forth. I accidentally left something I was testing in that changes the group that the GPS gets used by and it is only letting system GPS apps through.
I'll fix it tonight

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sykopompos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 09:37 PM   |  #2372  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 689

753 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet73

Click on the link in the upper right hand corner of the SuperSU beta thread OP I linked above and then search for posts by "chainfire". He usually does a mini changelog when posting a new beta and here's the one for 2.11.

I don't know about Copilot since even though I've got it licensed the maps take too much space on my 16GB Nexus 5 (I do use it on my Note 8.0 tablet) but I noticed the same thing about the Linear L 3.2 kernel. I think substituting the 9001 ramdisk for the original may have broken init.d processing so the /etc/linear.conf settings don't get processed at boot time. We'll have to wait for @sykopompos to work with @hottix to fix that, but in the meantime I was able to use TricksterMod as an alternative and it works for the features I use.

ramjet73

for the GPS issue with CoPilot:

maybe there is the same culprit we had on Flo - GPS-NMEA apps didn't work with a newer AOSP bin of rmt_storage, we had to use an older from 5.9.6 ROM to get the NMEA stuff working on FLO.

it was funny that the normal GPS-apps like Maps worked but not the NMEA-related apps. I Think it would be worth to think about that for the n5 ROM...

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

BTW: If someone would test the GPS Status app from playstore on n5 - and if it retrieves no satellites - then it is the same issue like on n7!
Last edited by bitstra; Yesterday at 09:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bitstra For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 10:09 PM   |  #2373  
Thanks Meter: 1,654

5,967 posts
Sykopompos already said he knows the issue and will be releasing an update. Besides for now u could just chuck the app in system/app?

Sent from my Android L Nexus 5 via Tapatalk
Yesterday, 10:59 PM   |  #2374  
OP Senior Member
Flag flithydelphia

7,600 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitstra

for the GPS issue with CoPilot:

maybe there is the same culprit we had on Flo - GPS-NMEA apps didn't work with a newer AOSP bin of rmt_storage, we had to use an older from 5.9.6 ROM to get the NMEA stuff working on FLO.

it was funny that the normal GPS-apps like Maps worked but not the NMEA-related apps. I Think it would be worth to think about that for the n5 ROM...

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

BTW: If someone would test the GPS Status app from playstore on n5 - and if it retrieves no satellites - then it is the same issue like on n7!

I changed the location stuff to a system service trying to get the network working for battery saver mode but instead I broke the GPS in 3rd party apps.

Sorry @ramjet73 that means the kernels will need to be updated again since the issue is down in the ramdisk service_contexts

Yesterday, 11:45 PM   |  #2375  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 5,854

6,613 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykopompos

Sorry @ramjet73 that means the kernels will need to be updated again since the issue is down in the ramdisk service_contexts

That should be quick since I already have the three that need to updated in the image kitchen already.

But you forgot your own advice.

ramjet73
The Following User Says Thank You to ramjet73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 11:54 PM   |  #2376  
Wichita
Thanks Meter: 498

4,118 posts
More
Quote:

That should be quick since I already have the three that need to updated in the image kitchen already.

ramjet73

I had to click that link, and got a laugh

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to donnyp1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 12:57 AM   |  #2377  
OP Senior Member
Flag flithydelphia

7,600 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

ramjet73

Hmmmm apparently it isn't that. You get to luck out

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread