FORUMS

Hauwei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

[MOD] [ROOT] Camcorder Audio Quality Fix with Stereo Recording and Playback Support

385 posts
Thanks Meter: 652

By chdloc, Senior Member on 4th August 2014, 04:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th July 2015, 01:59 PM |#851  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chdloc

Here is another shot at trying to make my mod work with M-Preview (Release 2). Note that I have not tested this.

Please flash this zip with TWRP 2.8.5.3 as there may be issues with newer versions of TWRP. I have not had time to look into those issues yet.
If the "advanced" version of this mod (with noise suppression) does not work, please try to install the "simple" version (without noise suppression).

I installed the advanced mod (with 6db of noise supression, stereo mics, no sidetone or double speaker effect, audio bitrate on 96kbps - stock figures, as per the screen) and the phone is hung on "Android is starting..." (the same screen where it says "optimizing apps" - but there's no optimization going on, and it just says "starting apps".

If I remove the noise suppression mod (after flashing the system.img file so that I start from scratch) (and ensure the other settings are the same), it works! It boots up and both mics work!

Unfortunately, it seems the M Preview has issues with bluetooth sound on the N5 (some say audio streaming works, but connecting to another device won't work as well), and even though I don't use it, I'll wait for an update before jumping ship. So - I'm reverting to 5.1.1 - but now, everyone knows that the simple mod (without noise supression) works now on M Preview 2.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeoveu For This Useful Post: [ View ]

26th July 2015, 02:17 PM |#852  
Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 49

More
+1

Послато са Nexus 5 уз помоћ Тапатока
26th July 2015, 02:33 PM |#853  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 652

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoveu

I installed the advanced mod (with 6db of noise supression, stereo mics, no sidetone or double speaker effect, audio bitrate on 96kbps - stock figures, as per the screen) and the phone is hung on "Android is starting..." (the same screen where it says "optimizing apps" - but there's no optimization going on, and it just says "starting apps".

If I remove the noise suppression mod (after flashing the system.img file so that I start from scratch) (and ensure the other settings are the same), it works! It boots up and both mics work!

Unfortunately, it seems the M Preview has issues with bluetooth sound on the N5 (some say audio streaming works, but connecting to another device won't work as well), and even though I don't use it, I'll wait for an update before jumping ship. So - I'm reverting to 5.1.1 - but now, everyone knows that the simple mod (without noise supression) works now on M Preview 2.

Thanks for testing!
It appears that nothing has changed since the first edition of M Preview (MDP1) as the simple mod worked there, too.

I see two possibilities here:

1. Google still has not properly updated the AOSP sources. On MDP1, my phone would not boot even with an unmodified libaudioflinger.so build from AOSP.

2. Google's ROM is moving further away from AOSP, now making even libraries proprietary.

Either way, I'll continue to work on this once the sources for the final release drop.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chdloc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread