FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[MOD] [ROOT] Camcorder Audio Quality Fix with Stereo Recording and Playback Support

395 posts
Thanks Meter: 666

By chdloc, Senior Member on 4th August 2014, 04:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th August 2015, 04:43 AM |#861  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyview

Hey @chdloc would it be possible to add a handset only option for sidetone? I like the sidetone but I can't have it when talking on the phone in the car with the audio coming through the speakers as it starts to create a feedback loop and people can hear themselves talk.

To be honest, I have not looked at the Aroma installer in any sort of detail as I've always installed and tested the mod manually. I will go through the installer and incorporate your suggestion when I update the mod for the final version of Android M.

Right now I'm busy trying to squeeze every last bit of audio quality out of the Qualcomm audio DACs/amps. I've detailed my first findings here. More to come on tweaking the amp and corresponding measurements.

Anyway, for now you can disable headphone/headset sidetone manually by replacing the entire "voice-headphones" device (from <path name="voice-headphones"> to its corresponding </path>) in mixer_paths.xml with its stock counterpart, i.e.,
Code:
   <path name="voice-headphones">
        <path name="headphones" />
        <ctl name="HPHL Volume" value="20" />
        <ctl name="HPHR Volume" value="20" />
        <ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="84" />
        <ctl name="RX2 Digital Volume" value="84" />
    </path>

26th August 2015, 06:42 PM |#862  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Hello, I think you solved my problem. I was looking for an audio interface or a microphone for cellphone because the AGC problem in videos. The distortion when we record a video is too much.
This modification will work in the 5.1..1. Lolipop version for Nexus 5 or only the 5.1 version?

I never used the aroma installer, so probably I will delay a little bit to understand fisrt this application and then install this moddification.

Tks a Lot again

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacetaxi

This is the aroma installer of chdloc's audio fix for Android 5.1 stock rom. Other installers of the fix are available for 5.0.1 stock rom (see post #235) and 4.4.4 AOSP-based roms (see post #3).
I will keep this post updated if there will be a new version of the installer.

2015-03-13: Updated installer (v1.1) for Android 5.1 stock rom, including fix for "no TX audio bug" when on speakerphone (see post #645)

The installer has the following features:

• Camcorder Audio Fix. You can select the level of noise suppression, microphone gain, mono or stereo recording and audio bitrate. Optionally the stereo playback mod and the sidetone config can be installed. You can choose the phone's orientation for stereo playback (micro-usb port to the right or to the left), the gain levels for ear speaker and bottom speaker, the sidetone level for headset and handset use cases. When installing the "advanced" audio fix (6dB or 12dB noise suppression), you can optionally install the prerequisites (tinymix binary and scripts) for chdloc's aMGC implementation. To actually use aMGC you will also have to install the aMGC apk or the Tasker project provided by chdloc.
  • Install stock audio libs+config. Optionally the stereo playback mod and the sidetone config can be installed. You can choose the phone's orientation for stereo playback (micro-usb port to the right or to the left), the gain levels for ear speaker and bottom speaker, the sidetone level for headset and handset use cases. The aMGC prerequisites (tinymix binary and scripts) will be deleted.

Please make a backup of the system partition by using the recovery (e.g. TWRP) prior to installing this zip, so you can just restore the system partition if you don't like the changes. And there's always a (small) risk that something goes wrong when flashing a zip. Anything you do, you are doing at your own risk.

The installer will overwrite the following files:
  • /system/etc/media_profiles.xml
  • /system/etc/mixer_paths.xml
  • /system/lib/hw/audio.primary.msm8974.so
  • /system/lib/libaudioflinger.so
  • /system/lib/soundfx/libaudiopreprocessing.so
  • /system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf
Additionally the following file and directory may be installed or deleted:
  • /system/bin/tinymix
  • /data/local/tmp/camera/ (containing some scripts)

Please do not forget to post your experiences with this fix! Happy flashing!

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Gorgasm]

I would like to thank @chdloc again for his amazing work on this mod, some samples here :

Be careful, it is death metal

Sent from my Nexus 5 with Tapatalk

Oo god it really works, tks for sharing . Nowadays without a modification I am not abble to record neither an acoustic jazz concert.
27th August 2015, 03:06 PM |#863  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luiscortex

This modification will work in the 5.1..1. Lolipop version for Nexus 5 or only the 5.1 version?

The version of the Aroma installer you quoted will work for both 5.1 and 5.1.1.
31st August 2015, 06:32 AM |#864  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
This mod support LMY48I? Im facing "android is starting..." forever after intall this mod
--------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Sry, i downloaded wrongly. Been using MOD "LRX22C_V2_1" just now.
Thanks alot for the file name too long where I've only realise after I view from PC.
Got it working now. Once again thanks for the MOD.
Last edited by FishDip; 31st August 2015 at 04:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FishDip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread