5,599,677 Members 46,140 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [AOSP] [KitKat 4.4.2_r1] Built from Google repository

Tip us?

Gene Poole
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 550
I'm with AT&T. I decided to put this back on and wait for it to act up, then get a logcat and go from there. We'll see how it goes.

Gene Poole
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 550
I've been running this for 3 days now without issue. The only change I made from my first attempt was to: install only the system partition (no recovery or boot); use my own boot image that has some things I need in it(1); and install the latest PA-GApps over it after installation. None of those changes should have negated the behavior I was seeing earlier, so I'm writing it off as odd coincidence.

1. I have modified the boot image to include stuff for mounting external storage to the USB port. This also includes a modified framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk compiled on my system and inserted at install time to the system partition.

rsa 329
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Poole View Post
I've been running this for 3 days now without issue. The only change I made from my first attempt was to: install only the system partition (no recovery or boot); use my own boot image that has some things I need in it(1); and install the latest PA-GApps over it after installation. None of those changes should have negated the behavior I was seeing earlier, so I'm writing it off as odd coincidence.

1. I have modified the boot image to include stuff for mounting external storage to the USB port. This also includes a modified framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk compiled on my system and inserted at install time to the system partition.
Very cool! Glad to hear you got it working.

Gene Poole
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 550
One issue I've just discovered is that the camera, when in video mode, records video files with a green line at the bottom (only visible on playback). I've researched this and found that AOSP source is missing an update in one of the files that makes up the libmmcamera_interface.so shared object. Copying the same filename from the factory image into the /system/lib directory, overwriting the existing file from AOSP build fixes the problem.

Again, no problem with your build; the problem seems to be that Android hasn't committed all their code the the AOSP tree.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gene Poole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]