[F2FS] [ROM] [KitKat] [4.4.4] Carbon Unofficial Full F2FS

Search This thread

socioteq

Apr 7, 2010
Tyler
New!
Optionally you can install the Uber Kernel in place of the Elemental-EX.
Own Uber Kernel version specific to F2FS Rom-CARBON-KK as an alternative to ELX, do not use in other roms.
Download here.

14-08-08
based on version 20140807
Enviado de meu Nexus 5 usando Tapatalk

Hey I just installed the latest version and noticed that my catlog was endlessly spitting out an error regarding 01cal_battery

I fixed it, but in your ROM you might want to fix it prior to compiling the next version so that users don't have to go in and manually do it... otherwise your users are going to suffer extreme battery loss because of this.

Anyway, what I did was edit this line in /system/etc/init.d/01cal_battery :

CURR_ADC=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/power_supply/battery/temp)

to instead say:

CURR_ADC=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/temp)

I hope this helps.

Aadilnz

Apr 1, 2012
Queensland
Thanks for this, yet to try f2fs and Carbon is my second favourite ROM so might as well give it a go :D

Any idea if someone's gotten Mahdi working?

socioteq

Apr 7, 2010
Tyler
Hey my man, I've kept on working with your ROM and logcat, and noticed that this error :

qcom_sensors_hal (error) hal_process_report_ind: Bad item quality: 11

It is intermittently spat out and I can't figure out where the error is coming from...

Are you seeing the same error on your device or is it just me?

Edit: Also, how long do you think you will continue to support and build this? This ROM in F2FS is exactly what I have been looking for, especially with V4A included. I really hope you keep building it. Do you think it would be faster as an ALL-F2FS format? Just curious. Thanks for making this again, it's fantastic.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    which is f2fs
    F2fs, Ext4, FAT benchmark

Unofficial Carbon Rom Full F2FS

Presentation:
    Custom Carbon Rom and modified to run on the system file F2FS.
    Main changes:
    Kernel settings with ElementalX
    disable sweep2wake
    disable doubletap2wake
    sweep2sleep enable left and right
    disable usb fastcharge
    disable support exFAT
    disable Max screen off frequency
    stock color
    enable Graphics Boost
    enable fsync
    ElementalX governor
    ROW I / O Scheduler
    Readahead Buffer Size 1024
    Max CPU frequncies 2266 for all CPU
    Thermal Settings cooler
    ElementalX L2/Bus Overclock Settings
    on the kernel changes to support F2FS
    removed Galery 2 and camera (added google apps)
    removed DSPManager (added Viper4Android)
    removed Delta Carbom (for obvious reasons)
    Changed lcd density to 420 (feel free to change your settings will be saved in updates)
    Added Google Apps and its libraries
    Added many in build.prop and init.d tweaks for maximum performance with battery saving.
    Edited media_profiles.xml and mixer_paths.xml for best results the camera.

Installation:
    ATTENTION! Back up your current ROM and copy the entire contents of your Nexus to your computer (you will lose everything).
    Note: I am assuming that you have already unlocked your phone and did the same root.
    01 - download and install last version of PhilZ Touch.
    02 - download the full rom and put in the clockworkmod folder on your phone.
    03 - Restart your device in recovery mode (PhilZ. ..)
    03A- Under "mounts and storage" menu, select "toggle f2fs <-> ext4 migration"
    format the system and cache in mode f2fs
    03B- reboot in recovery mode
    03C- install the rom
    03D- Under "mounts and storage" menu, select "toggle f2fs <-> ext4 migration"
    format "/data and /data/media" in mode f2fs
    04- Restart your phone and voila!

Update:
    Important: Your preferences are saved.
    Xposed, lcd density and hosts -> settings-carbon fibers-Persistence
    Elementalx.conf, GPS and init.d.cfg -> Automatic
    01 - download the last update rom and put the clockworkmod folder on your phone.
    02 - Restart your device in recovery mode (PhilZ. ..)
    install the rom
    Restart your phone and voila!

Gapps:
    PA_Gapps

Sources (every third)
    Carbon Rom
    Carbon Kernel
    ElementalX Kernel
    F2FS Tools

Change log

14-08-22
    Based on version 20140821
    Update ElementalX kernel to version 1.04.
    Incrementing the kernel parameters (based on Uber Kernel script):
    Governor GPU settings (set to ondemand);
    Max GPU Frequency (set to 389);
    Multicore Powersavings (set to aggressive);
    Frandom Module (set to on);
    File System Trim (set to on);
    Sysctl parameters (set to obtain performance, stability and battery friendly according to my customizations).
    All parameters above as well as all others are configurable by changing the values ​​in /etc/elementalx.conf (do carefully and knowledge).
    From this version the integration with updates GAPPS is full(I suggest one pa_gapps-stock-4.4.4-2014xxxx-signed).

14-08-08

14-08-02
    based on version 20140731
    Update on the update script, now you can install any google apps package (packages suggest pa).

14-07-24
    based on android 4.4.4 carbon night 14-07-24
    small tweaks changes
    Update Gapps 14-07-23
    Heads up!
    The GAPPS been updated (including Play Store Black, thank MyLifeRocks10).
    Follow these steps if you have problems like certain apps not showing up in Play Store(e.g. Facebook,Beautiful Widgets) or shows incompatiblity error.
    1. In Settings->Apps->All clear data of Play Store and Google Services Framework then reboot.
    2. Open Play Store, if it gives error then clear data of Play Store and open Play Store again then hit accept.
    3. If ur apps doesn't show up under installed apps in play store after installing this fix then reboot once and u should see it afterwards.
    4. If above steps didn't fix ur issues then remove Google account,reboot and re-add ur Google Account.

14-06-09
    Initial release
    based on android 4.4.3 carbon night 190614
    elementalX 45

IMPORTANT!
    1 - There are two versions of the rom, one is always complete and must be downloaded and installed first the other is merely update will come every Saturday and is only for those who already have installed the full rom.
    2 - How to F2FS the system is not yet official in nexus 5 do not recommend installing packages via recovery because most will want to mount the system on ext4 so in this case I suggest editing the installation script.

Thanks: Phil3759 - dennes544 - rootSU - NABENDU1 - flar2 - ViPER520 and zhuhang - Jishnu Sur™ - Carbon - pacman rom - dtrail1 - Cl3Kener - Google - Linus Torvalds
    If somehow you participated in this study and has not been mentioned here, I'm sorry, please contact and I will gladly mention you.
    Unofficial F2FS carbon 05/07 released!
    No gapps on the latest build? What gapps should I flash that work with F2FS?

Edit: Also, volume keys do not work on 6/21.

6/21 update only, ie, if this is your first installation you must install the full and then upgrade if already installed the full just install the 6/21 which is just an update.

This is well explained in the first topic, read it please.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    New!
    Optionally you can install the Uber Kernel in place of the Elemental-EX.
    Own Uber Kernel version specific to F2FS Rom-CARBON-KK as an alternative to ELX, do not use in other roms.
    Download here.

14-08-08
    Enviado de meu Nexus 5 usando Tapatalk

Hey I just installed the latest version and noticed that my catlog was endlessly spitting out an error regarding 01cal_battery

I fixed it, but in your ROM you might want to fix it prior to compiling the next version so that users don't have to go in and manually do it... otherwise your users are going to suffer extreme battery loss because of this.

Anyway, what I did was edit this line in /system/etc/init.d/01cal_battery :

CURR_ADC=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/power_supply/battery/temp)

to instead say:

CURR_ADC=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/temp)

I hope this helps.
    210614 released!
    Based on kitkat 4.4.4 carbon night 210614 and ElementalX 1.0