[ROM][CM][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [hammerhead]

Search This thread

third son

May 1, 2011
Kzoo
Solemn.... Carbon on Nexus 5 just works.... Nothing broken... A totally enjoyable experience.....

-Sent from the ice cold depths of my mind

Reactions: PuffMaN

Solemn

Jul 14, 2008
Thanks, Lethargy and third son.
Looks I'll either way will have to try it. Vanilla Android is way nicer and more clean than the Samsung crap I started off on the S3. But still, there seem to be some things missing. Battery life seems to be awesome, though, let's see if that changes ;)

Solemn

PippoX3

Aug 12, 2010
TN - Italy
aokp.co
Carbon team is workin' hard on an AOSP based, so we don't know when we'll be out.
Derek, other team's members and I... we proposed a CM based, instead...
So this is my CM-Carbon based on which I am working. I called STELIX to distinguish it from Carbon.
Actually has CM-AOKP-Slim-AICP features, some little adjustment to do (a lot of "ToDo") and two ways of Fibers (another discussion on it, 'cause AOSP proj. obviously hasn't).
Last working build is: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934538150
and from time to time take a look to its folder: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=25971

Please be patient, don't ask for eta (I haven't much time, neither to open and maintain a thread... so).
Otherwise take a look to sources: https://github.com/STELIX-Lollipop

Thanks alls.

fireproofrev

Sep 15, 2011
cool, nice to hear something from the carbon team and thanks for your work!

Can Stelix already been called "beta" or is it more like an alpha?

neoXvirus

Jan 9, 2014
Boonies
Carbon team is workin' hard on an AOSP based, so we don't know when we'll be out.
Derek, other team's members and I... we proposed a CM based, instead...
So this is my CM-Carbon based on which I am working. I called STELIX to distinguish it from Carbon.
Actually has CM-AOKP-Slim-AICP features, some little adjustment to do (a lot of "ToDo") and two ways of Fibers (another discussion on it, 'cause AOSP proj. obviously hasn't).
Last working build is: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934538150
and from time to time take a look to its folder: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=25971

Please be patient, don't ask for eta (I haven't much time, neither to open and maintain a thread... so).
Otherwise take a look to sources: https://github.com/STELIX-Lollipop

Thanks alls.

Thanks for posting this! Stelix is running buttery smooth and fast. It feels like Carbon and has a nice selection of customizations. Truly thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][CM][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [hammerhead], ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    CarbonDev, winner00
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-03
    Last Updated 2014-10-21
    Also reserved
    Nightly 02/05/2014

Change log

Nightly 2-5-2014
    Added ability to show network stats in status bar
    Lots of various small fixes, mostly for moto devices

Download link Dev-Host
    http://d-h.st/WeJ

edit: 112 downloads from the link so far.

please hit thanks if you are served.
    Lol guys

Caf is just a developer group and the group which is doing the work for qcom chipsets which hammerhead is based on. Google does not go caf...they are already using a lot from there stuff + some own additions. In general it is a bit misleading to call the one aosp and the other caf. Both have a lot patches from the caf developer group.

The difference is just that of course caf is ahead in developing compared to Google simply due that all is open source with daily updates. But the point on caf or not is basically that ROMs need to use patches without the knowledge what the closed source binaries are doing. So it is on a nexus device similar (not equal) like when you are working on a device which has no official support at all.

That being said both have there pros and cons.

Pro caf: ahead in developing always the newest some improvements but as well some major downsides basically to the above stated reasons.

Pro aosp. Everything works as expected....downside not on the latest improvements ppl need to wait for next release.

At least every rom need to decide what they are doing or want to do.

About slim no we stay on aosp sources due that we want to be always a daily driver and we simply have to much use which are business ppl and rely on it that everything works out of the box (Bluetooth is a good example)

And yes we use caf but not for all non nexus devices....only for the qcom non nexus lol.

Keep in mind what I said at the beginning about difference caf and aosp just used now the same naming to do not confuse tooo much lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edit: funny thing is the statement about major ROMs move. Cm and aokp did. Omni pa and slim not and pretty sure they will not. Well and that are all major original development ROMs I know lol.