Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 for the Nexus 5 [15/11/13]

OP m3dd0g

23rd November 2013, 06:41 AM   |  #521  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCircuitCash

I've heard sprint data problems with AOSP Roms, is this the case in CM11?

On a separate note, in order to get knock to wake, would I HAVE to install a custom kernel such as bricked's?

Thanks in advance..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Yes, you must use a custom kernel in order to use doubletap2wake.
23rd November 2013, 11:33 AM   |  #522  
ghling's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 75
 
258 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghling

I'll try if the problems can be solved by just reflashing the gapps. Else, I'll do a fresh install as well because I agree with you that the changes causing this problems are very likely to persists with newer version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghling

I will try this first and then post the results, thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

A quick update: After I dirty flashed a newer cm version, my phone got stuck at the start, it updated the apps, but then won't go past "starting apps". A reboot didn't fixed the problem, so I decided to do a clean install which worked (even though I had to flash the rom twice because after the first wipe / install the launcher was missing, but that may have come from the rom).
So I'm sorry that I can't tell you if the problems with newer cm versions can be solved or not.
23rd November 2013, 11:40 AM   |  #523  
Senior Member
Flag Wilhelmshaven
Thanks Meter: 58
 
344 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Donate to Me
More
No problems here with updating and I flashed every single update. Gapps from pa have to be flashed again after updating the rom.

Unterwegs gesendet ....
23rd November 2013, 08:05 PM   |  #524  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122
 
278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
New build
Just finished a new build: cm-11-20131123-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead.zip

Information:
- CM11 with android 4.4_r1.2
- Resynced with CM today 23.11.13 at about 18.00 CET
- clobbered before build
- Build with Linaro, Java 7 and other speed optimizations
- some new features: New Bootanimation, Navbar Options,
- kernel based on bricked sources (with S2W and many more features by show)
- ART fix to run every app: e.g.: Whatsapp and Titanium
- md5: aaf04b454429cf5b18841ea1f8f3cb1c

Have fun!

Note/disclaimer: I tested the build for about an hour without having any problems, but are not resposible for any problems on your phone. But you are welcomed to report them.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IharpI For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2013, 09:54 PM   |  #525  
trismegistos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 381
 
1,620 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Does cm have the network speed indicator in statusbar?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
23rd November 2013, 10:06 PM   |  #526  
Quote:
Originally Posted by IharpI

Just finished a new build: cm-11-20131123-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead.zip

Information:
- CM11 with android 4.4_r1.2
- Resynced with CM today 23.11.13 at about 18.00 CET
- clobbered before build
- Build with Linaro, Java 7 and other speed optimizations
- some new features: New Bootanimation, Navbar Options,
- kernel based on bricked sources (with S2W and many more features by show)
- ART fix to run every app: e.g.: Whatsapp and Titanium
- md5: aaf04b454429cf5b18841ea1f8f3cb1c

Have fun!

Note/disclaimer: I tested the build for about an hour without having any problems, but are not resposible for any problems on your phone. But you are welcomed to report them.

Would this build be the same as if the OP did it? Just wondering why he hasn't updated and someone else had to......
24th November 2013, 01:41 AM   |  #527  
MarioFan1998's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 270
 
838 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IharpI

Just finished a new build: cm-11-20131123-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead.zip

Information:
- CM11 with android 4.4_r1.2
- Resynced with CM today 23.11.13 at about 18.00 CET
- clobbered before build
- Build with Linaro, Java 7 and other speed optimizations
- some new features: New Bootanimation, Navbar Options,
- kernel based on bricked sources (with S2W and many more features by show)
- ART fix to run every app: e.g.: Whatsapp and Titanium
- md5: aaf04b454429cf5b18841ea1f8f3cb1c

Have fun!

Note/disclaimer: I tested the build for about an hour without having any problems, but are not resposible for any problems on your phone. But you are welcomed to report them.

Did you make edits yourself or is this clean compilation from CM11? How did you fix ART?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th November 2013, 02:14 AM   |  #528  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122
 
278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCircuitCash

I've heard sprint data problems with AOSP Roms, is this the case in CM11?

On a separate note, in order to get knock to wake, would I HAVE to install a custom kernel such as bricked'

"Stock" cm does not have s2w.
As my version includes bricked it has this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trismegistos

Does cm have the network speed indicator in statusbar?

No and I think it's unlikely to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyhawks

Would this build be the same as if the OP did it? Just wondering why he hasn't updated and someone else had to......

Nothing much officially merged yet so new builds only make sense if you cherry pick same from time to time.
At least this is the fun part at building cm.
If you want 100% pure cm I guess you have to wait for official nightlis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioFan1998

Did you make edits yourself or is this clean compilation from CM11? How did you fix ART?

Most edits come from official cm gerrit.
The art patch was released by some other dev. Can look up the actual commit when I am back at my PC.
The Following User Says Thank You to IharpI For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th November 2013, 03:24 AM   |  #529  
jdbeitz's Avatar
Senior Member
Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 503
 
1,096 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Anyone else having issues downloading that version from lharpl

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th November 2013, 03:48 AM   |  #530  
mrakifa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
876 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbeitz

Anyone else having issues downloading that version from lharpl

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

+1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to mrakifa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes