Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,571 Members 55,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] N5 L Developer Preview (flashable) + Root & Busybox + IMG & Sys Dump

Tip us?

sacreddevil666
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by paychex View Post
Not true. Wiping cache and dalvik in recovery causes it
That's mine and many others personal experience. Wipe davlik. Reloads the apps base and not folder structure. . .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jamaljmys
Old
Thanks Meter 37
i flashed the modified kernel in the first post but didn't notice any change .

just i nee confirm if the dt2w is working or not because the trickster MOD could not deduct the feature .

thanks

vomer
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal226 View Post
Hey guys,

just to give u official news about Android L,
the Google developer Rich Hyndman said that a new version of Android L is improbable!
Maybe some new features like an 64-bit emulator will be released, but even unsure.
So there is no official final-statement, but I think this is quiet clear at all.

Sorry but hear only is a german source, but google translator surly can help :P
LINK

CHEERS
Makes sense I think... google mainly did this so that apps can be worked on by devs in preperation for the main 5.0 release. Especially since ART is becoming mainstream.

I don't think google has a shortage of internal testers for the actual OS
ARHD - Recognized User
VomerGuides - HTC One M7 | HTC One M8
Nexus 5 - franco.kernel (VomerTweaks | Color Profiles | PAM) | Stock 4.4.4 | Android L Preview
DONATE - Donate to me via BitCoin: 1BauEumypuvugPNEAXTHoTVbs9gJaFb5zR
The Following User Says Thank You to vomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eng.stk
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5972

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vomer View Post
Makes sense I think... google mainly did this so that apps can be worked on by devs in preperation for the main 5.0 release. Especially since ART is becoming mainstream.

I don't think google has a shortage of internal testers for the actual OS
I agree and I disagree.

MS also don't have shortage on internal testers, but they release beta and previews to have a broader audience on test builds.
Apple followed and began releasing betas too.
Ubuntu and Linux in general couldn't live without betas.
I think that Google needs to step up on this, in order to produce better final releases.

I don't count a single android release that hasn't annoying bugs (also Google takes ages to fix them, when they fix them at all).
We Nexus users rely on custom stuff, but it wouldn't hurt an Android release solid from the start.

Device: Nexus 5 | Kernel: Code_Blue [dev] & Code_Blue L-preview [dev] | ROM: Purity [β tester]
If you like my work don't forget to hit Thanks, buy me a cup of coffee or a beer
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eng.stk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chillaxnphilx
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by davy917 View Post
Can you tell me what the solution is? I'm having the same issue.. flashed SuperSU and have busybox installed and update but can't get TiBu to get root access..
Are you using the beta releases of tibu?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

miseusegau
Old
Thanks Meter 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng.stk View Post
I agree and I disagree.

MS also don't have shortage on internal testers, but they release beta and previews to have a broader audience on test builds.
Apple followed and began releasing betas too.
Ubuntu and Linux in general couldn't live without betas.
I think that Google needs to step up on this, in order to produce better final releases.

I don't count a single android release that hasn't annoying bugs (also Google takes ages to fix them, when they fix them at all).
We Nexus users rely on custom stuff, but it wouldn't hurt an Android release solid from the start.
I agree but I also find that even if this beta L is not bad, I use every day and are convinced that google will close the final version perfectly

rachanta
Old
Thanks Meter 295

DONATE TO ME
I am using as daily driver with my self-built RACER_L kernel that is working very well. I have posted it earlier in the thread.

aOneLeggedMan
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by miseusegau View Post
I agree but I also find that even if this beta L is not bad, I use every day and are convinced that google will close the final version perfectly
I'm not so concerned with Google's execution as I am with developers having a stable enough release to iron out their own bugs. No doubt this release is rock solid for being this early on the 5.0 iteration, however I have already heard reports from developers that many of their bugs are from bugs in the system. This brings them to an impasse. Meanwhile, if Google plans to release a 64-bit architecture that is something else entirely. Bottom line is this, I hope they give their developers what they need to be successful. Google is pretty good on the team-play, but betas is one area they need to step it up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aOneLeggedMan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

miseusegau
Old
Thanks Meter 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by aOneLeggedMan View Post
I'm not so concerned with Google's execution as I am with developers having a stable enough release to iron out their own bugs. No doubt this release is rock solid for being this early on the 5.0 iteration, however I have already heard reports from developers that many of their bugs are from bugs in the system. This brings them to an impasse. Meanwhile, if Google plans to release a 64-bit architecture that is something else entirely. Bottom line is this, I hope they give their developers what they need to be successful. Google is pretty good on the team-play, but betas is one area they need to step it up.
I certainly hope so too ...