Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 47,612 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][CM11][hammerhead] OpenPDroid-patched CyanogenMod 11 builds for the Nexus 5

Tip us?

Lanchon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
Default [ROM][CM11][hammerhead] OpenPDroid-patched CyanogenMod 11 builds for the Nexus 5

Main thread: OpenPDroid patches for CyanogenMod 11

WARNING: OpenPDroid is not compatible with ART for now. disable ART before flashing. enabling ART will cause the device to fail to boot. if you enabled ART and are unable to boot, flash official CyanogenMod temporarily to be able to fix (will cause privacy leaks). or if you have ADB access in android or recovery, you can disable ART by using setprop or editing a file.

these are hammerhead builds of CyanogenMod 11 patched with OpenPDroid. find them here.

update: releases will now be distributed as overlays to the official CyanogenMod snapshots. first flash the official "M" snapshot corresponding to the OpenPDroid overlay you want to flash, then flash the overlay.

update: CM11 M9 snapshot is now available.
(this release has been tested on an actual device.)

note: OpenPDroid does not affect the recovery nor the kernel, you can use whatever you want.

CM11-M6 broke OpenPDroid patches, so i forked OpenPDroid to restore compatibility, fix several bugs and clean up the code. sources are here.

(note: old thread is here.)

XDA:DevDB Information
CM11-OpenPDroid-Hammerhead, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
Lanchon
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-07-16
Last Updated 2014-08-19
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lanchon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aheeejd
Old
Thanks Meter 1174
Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to aheeejd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lanchon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
sorry! i just found out that Dropbox suspended my public links due to too much traffic, i didn't know this could happen. i'll arrange an alternative asap.
OnePlus One
If you would like to thank me, a OnePlus One invite would be a great way to do it

Dropbox Replacement
10 times as much space: 20GB for free (if you use this referral) instead of 2. Sync for Linux, Mac and Windows. Android and iOS apps.

Lanchon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
files are now live again, sorry for the outage.
OnePlus One
If you would like to thank me, a OnePlus One invite would be a great way to do it

Dropbox Replacement
10 times as much space: 20GB for free (if you use this referral) instead of 2. Sync for Linux, Mac and Windows. Android and iOS apps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanchon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lanchon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
CM11 M8 snapshot is now available!
NOTE: this release has not been tested by me and it includes updated binary blobs. please test and report.

NOTE: the recovery is published for completeness. OpenPDroid does not affect the recovery, you can use whichever you want.
OnePlus One

Dropbox Replacement
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanchon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Venomous Viper 119
Old
Thanks Meter 478
I think you meant CM11 M9.

Lanchon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous Viper 119 View Post
I think you meant CM11 M9.
lol, i meant M8. M9 i just uploaded now. i'll announce it in a few minutes, when i finish testing
OnePlus One

Dropbox Replacement

Lanchon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
CM11 M9 snapshot is now available, enjoy!
(this release has been tested on an actual device.)
OnePlus One

Dropbox Replacement
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanchon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lanchon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
update: releases will now be distributed as overlays to the official CyanogenMod snapshots. first flash the official "M" snapshot corresponding to the OpenPDroid overlay you want to flash, then flash the overlay. full rom releases are unsupported as of now.
OnePlus One

Dropbox Replacement