Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 48,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PORT] [ALPHA] Sailfish OS for the Nexus 5

Tip us?

ericdjobs
Old
(Last edited by Saqib Nazm; 16th July 2014 at 06:07 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 358
Default [PORT] [ALPHA] Sailfish OS for the Nexus 5

So I'll make this quick... just doing some google kung fu, I came across a Spanish forum... HTCMania (http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=836297)

Word is that user Davidvaz is responsible for this work and all credit goes to him as such, as I said I didnt' build this, just found it.

Low and behold, someone built a working Sailfish OS port for our Nexus 5... and it's actually pretty dang functional... You had to flash it on top of an existing CM 11 install and stuff.. but I combined the two and rewrote the updater script into one flashable zip.

Here's a rough idea of what works and what doesn't:

Also not working: Terminal Application. Installing applications from the Jolla Market.

This is very much a work in progress but it's very functional and I'm very impressed with Sailfish. Have fun!

Oh! And I'm pretty sure you can make it work with MultiROM if you have a primary that utilizes a kernel with kexec hardboot support... Don't quote me on that! I don't use it so I'm not sure... I'm sure someone will make it work if it doesn't already, though.

Download Mod Edit:Link Removed.. sorry copy.com is lame I guess, haha. Once someone downloads if they could mirror it on mega or someplace.. upload stinks.
Want 20GB of cloud storage for FREE? Sign up with Copy.com using THIS LINK and you will instantly get a 20GB account with a quick option to score another 2GB. Signing up through their site normally only gets you a 15GB account, so make sure to USE THIS LINK -- And did I mention their Linux support and API is lightyears ahead of the competition?
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ericdjobs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gnome
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,234

DONATE TO ME
Looks interesting, will download once upload's done.
Guides:
How to Make Flashable Zips: Link
Repositories:
Kernel Repo's for certain devices: Link1 && Link2
Organizations:
Lead Developer: The Arkenstone Kernel / Stuxnet Kernel
Team Member: AOSPAL (PSD)
Team Member: SimpleAOSP
Google+/Hangouts: Link
Team AOSPAL Paranoid Saber Droid: Link
Downloads
The Arkenstone Kernel: Link

ericdjobs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 358
upload is done. let me know if theres any issues with the updater script or flash itself..

Issues with the rom, however, I probably won't be able to assist you with.
Want 20GB of cloud storage for FREE? Sign up with Copy.com using THIS LINK and you will instantly get a 20GB account with a quick option to score another 2GB. Signing up through their site normally only gets you a 15GB account, so make sure to USE THIS LINK -- And did I mention their Linux support and API is lightyears ahead of the competition?

MoSeriouS
Old
Thanks Meter 239
Thanks for finding will give it a go....never enough roms for this rock bottom crack flashin fool.... Thanks for feeding my addiction... And glad you checked HTC Mania Ive found a few there, VampSkyDragon (lol that name cracks me up) and SlimVamp (again lol)... Probably one of the least likely Nexus 5 Rom places you'd think to look but they do have some so good lookin out.

dlsygaco
Old
Thanks Meter 110
So basically any cm11 rom then ill flash it over it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kdh2834
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlsygaco View Post
So basically any cm11 rom then ill flash it over it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
No need to flash cm11.

It is clearly stated in the op that it is combined and there is no need to flash cm before flashing sailfish os.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

dualmoon
Old
(Last edited by dualmoon; 15th July 2014 at 07:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for the time you spent on this. I'll try out multirom now. Can't even begin to express my excitement!

EDIT: I spoke too soon. The download is not working.
Code:
{"result":"error","error_code":"1048","error_string":"Link 'NiiPOdORFQSo' has been flagged as abuse"}
EDIT 2: If you can figure out a way to get it to me, I'd be happy to host it for you. Mega, perhaps?
Code:
Be not known; seek shadows.

jumper62
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Can't download it. Can you upload to another site?

ericdjobs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper62 View Post
Can't download it. Can you upload to another site?

Yikes, Yeah for sure I'll try to figure out why copy flagged it.

ericdjobs
Old
(Last edited by Saqib Nazm; 16th July 2014 at 06:07 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 358
Updated the download link..

Edited OP,

Once someone with a fast connection downloads it, if you could please mirror it on mega or androidfilehost.. my upload sucks

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to ericdjobs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe