4.4.1 KOT49E OTA Link

Tip us?

GLIAW
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunda23 View Post
Hello Everyone
I have Nexus 5 with stock Room KRT16M which I rooted using CF Auto Root tool. No custom recovery or custom ROM or any system modifications (no mods, no Xposed etc)
1. How do I update step by step to KOT49E?
2. Will I loose root? If so - how do I get it back ?

Thanks!
1. Download the 54MB zip file from Nexus 5 General (search it yourself). Copy it over to your phone internal storage. Turn off your phone. Press vol down + power button, then choose enter recovery. Finally, install the downloaded zip file.
2. YES. To get it back, reinstall CR auto root again by flashing the zip file.

Evo_Shift
Old
Thanks Meter 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsk69 View Post
Accidentally swiped away the OTA notification and now I cant seem to get it back tried clearing the data/cache from Google Services Framework and rebooting twice but still no luck.

Any suggestions to get the OTA back? Completely stock by the way
Just wait. It will come back at some point.

Rainmaker89
Old
(Last edited by Rainmaker89; 10th December 2013 at 03:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default unable to flash 4.4.1/2 zip (libart.so error)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunks3 View Post
this worked for me, i actually flashed the volume mod. I left the mod applied and put SuperSU into Survival Mode, wiped dalvik in TWRP, then i was able to flash the update.

before trying to flash without wiping dalvik, i would get a failure.
argghhhh nothing is working! Ive been trying since several hours
my basic problem is when flashing 4.4.1 (or 4.4.2) zip, TWRP gives the following errors :
"
/system/lib/libart.so has unexpected contents
E:/ error executing updater binary in zip "/sdard/[name of zip]
error flashing zip' /sdcard/[name of zip] '
"
I am on Nexus 4, stock 4.4, stock kernel with root. Just got SU pro for the survival mode feature, still facing the same error.
I was running ART, with an older version of whatsapp. (this is most likely what is causing the libart.so error) but i never modified any lib.so file. Just installed an older version of whatsapp and it worked with ART.
Things i've tried : -wipe dalvik and cache (during every following attempt)
-switch from ART to dalvik
-delete and remove all bloody whatsapp files
-tried to push the flashable 4.4.2 zip using sideload with wug's toolkit
-tried to simply flash it using TWRP recovery mode,after enabling survuval mode in superSU
-tried to replace existing libart.so file to the stock libart.so file provided in another xda thread (this failed, as even with root i was not able to replace/delete/rename the existing libart.so file. i was trying to do it using astro file manager from the phone itself so i expected it to fail!)
Nothing has worked

Please help!

EDIT : FIXED BY FLASHING SYSTEM.IMG . no data lost

nizaamh
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLIAW View Post
1. Download the 54MB zip file from Nexus 5 General (search it yourself). Copy it over to your phone internal storage. Turn off your phone. Press vol down + power button, then choose enter recovery. Finally, install the downloaded zip file.
2. YES. To get it back, reinstall CR auto root again by flashing the zip file.
Hi Just some help please.
When I do the above steps and enter recovery it just hangs with the Android on its side and says "no command"
How do I go past this to flash the .zip to 4.4.1.

Synyster06Gates
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizaamh View Post
Hi Just some help please.
When I do the above steps and enter recovery it just hangs with the Android on its side and says "no command"
How do I go past this to flash the .zip to 4.4.1.
Looks like you have the stock recovery. Plug your phone in with USB debugging enabled, extract this driver to your desktop, go to Windows Device Manager, select your Nexus 5 and guide the computer to your driver files you just extracted. Make sure you are in ADB sideload mode on the phone. Download the update on to your computer, rename it update.zip. From there, open a command prompt window and type "adb sideload update.zip" from the folder it is located (ON YOUR COMPUTER)
Nexus 5 - AICP
T-Mobile GS3 T999L - Dandroid - GONE
ATT GS3 i-747 - Intergalactic 3.0 - GONE
HTC Inspire 4G - many different ROMs - GONE

nizaamh
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster06Gates View Post
Looks like you have the stock recovery. Plug your phone in with USB debugging enabled, extract this driver to your desktop, go to Windows Device Manager, select your Nexus 5 and guide the computer to your driver files you just extracted. Make sure you are in ADB sideload mode on the phone. Download the update on to your computer, rename it update.zip. From there, open a command prompt window and type "adb sideload update.zip" from the folder it is located (ON YOUR COMPUTER)
Thanks man. Is there any way to do this without a computor tho.

Synyster06Gates
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizaamh View Post
Thanks man. Is there any way to do this without a computor tho.
If you are rooted, download flashify from the play store. If you are not rooted, no.

Download TWRP recovery from http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/hammerhead (use 2.6.3.4)

Select the file after its done downloading, use Flashify to flash custom recovery.

Shut down the phone, reboot into recovery (vol down + power and scroll up)

Click on "install" in TWRP, navigate to the file you have on your phone, and swipe to flash. Reboot and you're done.
Nexus 5 - AICP
T-Mobile GS3 T999L - Dandroid - GONE
ATT GS3 i-747 - Intergalactic 3.0 - GONE
HTC Inspire 4G - many different ROMs - GONE

nizaamh
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster06Gates View Post
If you are rooted, download flashify from the play store. If you are not rooted, no.

Download TWRP recovery from http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/hammerhead (use 2.6.3.4)

Select the file after its done downloading, use Flashify to flash custom recovery.

Shut down the phone, reboot into recovery (vol down + power and scroll up)

Click on "install" in TWRP, navigate to the file you have on your phone, and swipe to flash. Reboot and you're done.
Thanks gonna try now..

manalicream
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Guys been having a few issues on 4.4.2 so went back to stock 4.4

Now trying to sideload 4.4.1 unrooted and completely clean stock and I'm getting "E: Error in /tmp/update.zip (status 7)"

Any ideas?

J

Rainmaker89
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by manalicream View Post
Guys been having a few issues on 4.4.2 so went back to stock 4.4

Now trying to sideload 4.4.1 unrooted and completely clean stock and I'm getting "E: Error in /tmp/update.zip (status 7)"

Any ideas?

J
Any particular reason for not updating to the new 4.4.2 ? Anyway I don't know if this will help with a 'completely clean' stock, but try flashing system.img once more. No format / wipe needed. I was having a different error, but this fixed it. Worth a shot