5,606,722 Members 37,336 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

60 fps video recording?

Tip us?
 
maxpower7
Old
#1  
maxpower7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 522
Posts: 1,283
Join Date: May 2011
Default 60 fps video recording?

Maybe this is just my imagination, but 1080p video recording on 4.4.1 seems to be smoother than 4.4 by an order of magnitude. It's darker than before, but If I'm not mistaken, it appears to be recording at 60 fps (which is a feature of the Snapdragon 800). Really cool and interesting.
 
Jimlarck
Old
#2  
Jimlarck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1166
Posts: 2,816
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: On a box under a bridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower7 View Post
Maybe this is just my imagination, but 1080p video recording on 4.4.1 seems to be smoother than 4.4 by an order of magnitude. It's darker than before, but If I'm not mistaken, it appears to be recording at 60 fps (which is a feature of the Snapdragon 800). Really cool and interesting.
That's odd, I thought the Nexus 5 didn't support 60FPS @ 1080p
 
maxpower7
Old
#3  
maxpower7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 522
Posts: 1,283
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimlarck View Post
That's odd, I thought the Nexus 5 didn't support 60FPS @ 1080p
I haven't looked at the EXIF data so I could be wrong, but give it a shot - it's waaaay smoother than before the update. This phone has a SOC that supports 1080px60 recording, so it's not outside of the realm of possibility.
 
emerica243
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 554
Join Date: Aug 2010
My video recording seems broke now,. Pressing the red button doesnt do anything within the camera app any ideas? Cleared cache dalvik and camera app data. Photos are working fine however

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
 
bloot
Old
#5  
bloot's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 118
Posts: 364
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Barcelona
Video recording remains 1080p@30fps. It's been improved so it doesn't drop frames as it did before the update.
Nexus 5 32 GB Black | My flickr gallery

The Following User Says Thank You to bloot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
maxpower7
Old
#6  
maxpower7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 522
Posts: 1,283
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloot View Post
Video recording remains 1080p@30fps. It's been improved so it doesn't drop frames as it did before the update.
Is there a way we can verify the framerate on-device? It looks smoother than 30fps to me.
 
jjrudey
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 42
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Buffalo
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerica243 View Post
My video recording seems broke now,. Pressing the red button doesnt do anything within the camera app any ideas? Cleared cache dalvik and camera app data. Photos are working fine however

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
I have the same probem. So it's not just you.
 
psychoace
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 931
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower7 View Post
Is there a way we can verify the framerate on-device? It looks smoother than 30fps to me.
Install MX player, play video in MX player, during playback go to menu button on the top right. Click tools then properties or details then in the pop up click more

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
maxpower7
Old
#9  
maxpower7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 522
Posts: 1,283
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoace View Post
Install MX player, play video in MX player, during playback go to menu button on the top right. Click tools then properties or details then in the pop up click more

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
"Unsupported Android version"
 
RussianBear
Old
#10  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 268
Posts: 1,606
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerica243 View Post
My video recording seems broke now,. Pressing the red button doesnt do anything within the camera app any ideas? Cleared cache dalvik and camera app data. Photos are working fine however

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Make sure you're on a stock 4.4.1 kernel. I was on Franco r17 and had this happen also.

The Following User Says Thank You to RussianBear For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes