ANDROID L! Seriously guys?

26th June 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 94

78 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok, this is getting crazy over here. Why on earth can we not have a SINGLE THREAD about Android L? It is the biggest release for Android and some people are excited. Everybody was confined to one thread prior to this, and guess what? That thread was closed. Why? Because people were apparently "spamming questions" (I didn't read through the entire thread so I don't know exactly what was going down, but the last couple pages didn't see all that bad).

Every other thread now is getting shut down. Seriously, what does it matter if people are asking too much? They are excited! Closing all of these threads are just going to make new people (those who weren't here last night or today) keep posting more topics on the matter. So what if people are being annoying. That main thread that was closed still had some genuine people in it. Who cares if there are a few people throughout the thread asking too much? Let them be! At least it is in one thread and not making a mess of this and the Q&A forum, likes its been since the main thread was closed.

Let this topic stay please, and let anybody speculate, ask questions, build hype or whatever towards Dev preview!

May I just remind everybody who would say something along the lines of "Oh XDA is a developer forum not blah blah blah", which is what I have seen numerous times in these topics that have been closed:

Quoted Directly above the threads here in General!

"Since this is not a development section, you can post on general topics that all users will encounter with the Nexus 5. Any registered XDA user can post in this forum."

I believe all users will encounter Android L, so why can't there be speculation, posts about things that were discovered, new pictures ect.? Look I know it gets annoying, but that's when it is all over the forum. Can we just keep this one topic open and confine everybody to it? It will make those who want to talk about it happy for they have a place and it will make those annoyed happy for it is only one thread.
Last edited by daledenton; 26th June 2014 at 04:47 PM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to daledenton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 2,170

1,450 posts
More
Noble cause, but it won't work. It will derail in a matter of seconds and none of us mods feel like taking on the burden of keeping it in check simply for speculation purposes. Wait for the test version to drop, until then nothing is allowed.

Thread closed.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Tijmen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nexus 5 General by ThreadRank