Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,892 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android Toolkit

Tip us?

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,179

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Alternatively, let's promote the use of toolkits, get jobs as "garbage men" and really reap the rewards

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
How cruel

Evolution_Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
How cruel
The truth is often unkind. The bottom line is, toolkits do NOT promote knowledge. They promote laziness. Then the forums fill up with "HELP" or "CRYING" or "MY PHONE IS BRICKED" threads. When the painful truth is, if the user knew just the slightest bit of information about fastboot, they could fix their own problem. While I give kudos to the OP for his creation, especially for someone so young, I still, and will continue, to strongly recommend that users avoid toolkits and learn how to use fastboot and ADB commands.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Evolution_Freak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stewartk
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution_Freak View Post
The truth is often unkind. The bottom line is, toolkits do NOT promote knowledge. They promote laziness. Then the forums fill up with "HELP" or "CRYING" or "MY PHONE IS BRICKED" threads. When the painful truth is, if the user knew just the slightest bit of information about fastboot, they could fix their own problem. While I give kudos to the OP for his creation, especially for someone so young, I still, and will continue, to strongly recommend that users avoid toolkits and learn how to use fastboot and ADB commands.

I know how to use fastboot and adb but I choose to use kits sometimes . does that make me thick or not willing to learn. If u know how tool kits work its only batch files and scripts to save u doing it yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

Koopa777
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:

It's not even like they need to be command line gurus...adb push/pull, adb/fastboot devices, fastboot flash, adb/fastboot reboot, adb bugreport/taking a logcat....that's practically all you need to fix 99% of issues.
Phone: Google Nexus 5 "hammerhead" ROM: LiquidSmooth F2FS Kernel: ElementalX 1.00
Tablet: Amazon Kindle Fire (Gen 1) "otterx" ROM: CM11-F2FS by Hashcode
Tablet: Google Nexus 10 "manta" ROM: LiquidSmooth F2FS-All Kernel: KT-Manta F2FS-All
Retired: Sprint Motorola Photon 4G "sunfire", Sprint LG G2 "LS980"
The Following User Says Thank You to Koopa777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,179

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

I don't know why you've quoted me. I think you didn't see the sarcasm in my post.

Anyways, enough of OT! Outa here!