XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,345

4,073 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Alternatively, let's promote the use of toolkits, get jobs as "garbage men" and really reap the rewards

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How cruel
6th July 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #32  
Flag East Stroudsburg
Thanks Meter: 394

720 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

How cruel

The truth is often unkind. The bottom line is, toolkits do NOT promote knowledge. They promote laziness. Then the forums fill up with "HELP" or "CRYING" or "MY PHONE IS BRICKED" threads. When the painful truth is, if the user knew just the slightest bit of information about fastboot, they could fix their own problem. While I give kudos to the OP for his creation, especially for someone so young, I still, and will continue, to strongly recommend that users avoid toolkits and learn how to use fastboot and ADB commands.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Evolution_Freak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #33  
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 46

274 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution_Freak

The truth is often unkind. The bottom line is, toolkits do NOT promote knowledge. They promote laziness. Then the forums fill up with "HELP" or "CRYING" or "MY PHONE IS BRICKED" threads. When the painful truth is, if the user knew just the slightest bit of information about fastboot, they could fix their own problem. While I give kudos to the OP for his creation, especially for someone so young, I still, and will continue, to strongly recommend that users avoid toolkits and learn how to use fastboot and ADB commands.

I know how to use fastboot and adb but I choose to use kits sometimes . does that make me thick or not willing to learn. If u know how tool kits work its only batch files and scripts to save u doing it yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium
6th July 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 244

599 posts
Quote:

It's not even like they need to be command line gurus...adb push/pull, adb/fastboot devices, fastboot flash, adb/fastboot reboot, adb bugreport/taking a logcat....that's practically all you need to fix 99% of issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to Koopa777 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #35  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,345

4,073 posts
More
Quote:

I don't know why you've quoted me. I think you didn't see the sarcasm in my post.

Anyways, enough of OT! Outa here!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread