Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 42,868 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T reports my Nexus 5 as "LG 821"

Tip us?

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 193
ATT sent me a message saying I would be throttled at 3GB even though I have "unlimited data", and being throttled sucks, its awful.

compuw22c
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post
ATT sent me a message saying I would be throttled at 3GB even though I have "unlimited data", and being throttled sucks, its awful.
Should be 5gb on an LTE device. I'd call in with your imei to get put on an LTE unlimited plan if you're not already (hspa plans throttle after 3gb.). Note that you don't need to be on LTE or even have an LTE device, you just need any att compatible imei to give them so you're on the right plan.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
If this post (or other's) helped you, hit THANKS!

Device History:
98 Casio E11 (4mb) || 99 Palm Vx (8mb) || 2000 iPaq 3635 (with PCMCIA sled for BT/WIFI) || 2001 Kyocera 2135 (Verizon) || 2003 Samsung SPH-A620 / VGA1000 (Sprint) || 2004 LG PM325 (Sprint) || 2005 Treo 600 (Sprint) || 2006 Treo 650 (Sprint) || 2007 HTC Mogul/VX6800 (Sprint) || 2008 HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) || 2009 HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint) || 2010 Samsung Epic 4g (Sprint) || 2011 Samsung i9100 Galaxy SII || 2012 Google Nexus 4 (L3)
The Following User Says Thank You to compuw22c For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

californiarailroader
Old
Thanks Meter 437
Location: Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
I got mine from Google, it's the unlocked version, and AT&T is also saying it's an LG 821.

KedarWolf
Old
(Last edited by KedarWolf; 31st March 2014 at 02:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 64
Default How Do I Check The Model Number?

Hi,

Bought my phone from Google Play. How do I check the model number other then the boot loader?

I checked in 'About Phone', can't find it.

Edit. XDA really has to stop ads from playing with audio with while on the site, drives me nuts.

cesierra
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I tried to use the phone on PTA or Phone APN but it only accepts wap.cingular, because I switched from a 3G phone. The CS rep said my plan is not compatible with LTE, and nothing can be done. I am stuck with HSPA. Oh well, the plus side, I am not throttled.

Jerryatric
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodburyMan View Post
LG821 here as well. I have LTE using attphone APN. I had a Galaxy S4 (LTE) before it, just kept that plan so it all works. Have to have had a LTE capable phone before you get the N5 for it to work properly with your plan to access LTE>
This is not true. My wife has a T-Mobile N5 and I have a play store N5. Just started ATT service yesterday and we both have LTE. Also both devices show up as LG 821.

nb31b
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post
Hi,

Bought my phone from Google Play. How do I check the model number other then the boot loader?

I checked in 'About Phone', can't find it.

Edit. XDA really has to stop ads from playing with audio with while on the site, drives me nuts.
Did you try looking at the box?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

WoodburyMan
Old
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryatric View Post
This is not true. My wife has a T-Mobile N5 and I have a play store N5. Just started ATT service yesterday and we both have LTE. Also both devices show up as LG 821.
This is true in some cases. It depends on the person that sets your phone up. Search. When they provision the phone, some AT&T workers, since the Nexus 5 is officially not in their provisioning software, have to select a generic template. If they are smart and do the right thing, you get set up with a LTE capable provisioning for your phone that works perfect. Some however don't know what they are doing and set the phone up with a plan that cannot access 3G for whatever reason. It completely depends on the person provisioning your phone. With phones that are in AT&T's system that might be unlocked but are in their system, such as Galaxy S4 Google Edition or something, it works no problem since the S4 is in their system. However with "oddball" phones like ours that AT&T doesn't officially support you run into issues as some workers may not know how to handle them.
Black OnePLus 64gb Android 4.4.4 Unofficial SlimROM Daily Builds
White Nexus 5 32gb Android 4.4.4 Unofficial SlimROM Daily Builds
Nexus 7 2013 Android 4.4.4 Unofficial SlimROM Daily Builds
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Android 4.4.4 Unofficial SlimROM Daily Builds
Archos Home Connect 35 4gb Android 2.2 Rooted Stock Firmware 2.4.83