Post [PT] Nexus 5 - Portugal thread

OP ToneJeco

31st October 2013, 03:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

41 posts
I've searched but I didn't found any thread for the portuguese market.

So, I think that we needed this place to talk about the long waited Nexus 5.

Last year was very to us to get the Nexus 4 (at least at a fair price). Due to the stock crash only in January or February it was available at the main stores like Fnac or MediaMarkt but priced over 550.

I hope that this year we could have it a lot earlier. Last year Google released some of his services in our country, like books or music. I hope (ok, I haven't that much hope...) they carry on launching their services so that we could have Play Devices but it is unlikely.

Lets see what comes and which retailers would sold it. And we'll alwways have services like forward2me and, my favorite, friends all over Europe
The Following User Says Thank You to ToneJeco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2013, 07:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 9

66 posts
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneJeco

I've searched but I didn't found any thread for the portuguese market.

So, I think that we needed this place to talk about the long waited Nexus 5.

Last year was very to us to get the Nexus 4 (at least at a fair price). Due to the stock crash only in January or February it was available at the main stores like Fnac or MediaMarkt but priced over 550.

I hope that this year we could have it a lot earlier. Last year Google released some of his services in our country, like books or music. I hope (ok, I haven't that much hope...) they carry on launching their services so that we could have Play Devices but it is unlikely.

Lets see what comes and which retailers would sold it. And we'll alwways have services like forward2me and, my favorite, friends all over Europe

I approve of this post. I've also looked around the Nexus 5 forum and only found a way that involves using Tor and setting up a fake Google account, then buying from the UK, sending to a UK address and having the phone re-shipped to Portugal. This is way too much of a hassle for me and I can't say I fully trust it to work or be particularly cheap.

If anyone knows of a reputable online retailer that stocks the Nexus 5 and ships to Portugal, can you give us a heads up please? Or if you come up with an easier way of getting this candy into our hands?
1st November 2013, 07:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

41 posts
Handtec has it on pre-sale with delivery expected arround November 11th. It's a litle pricey, it'sm about 359 to the 16GB and about 401 to the 32GB version. I'm not sure if we must add shipment dosts to Portugal but if so I don't that is over 10.

I've read on another forum that forward2me has a special to this device that theeirselves bought the device and just ship it to you but needs to check this.
The Following User Says Thank You to ToneJeco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2013, 01:43 AM   |  #4  

66 posts
Thanks, ToneJeco. I'll check out those options. It's a bit of a markup compared to the 299 on Google Play or 295 at Carphone Warehouse, but who knows?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
2nd November 2013, 02:07 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 21

311 posts
More
Personally, I'm going to try one of the The Phone House stores (The Phone House = Carphone Warehouse in Portugal, and other countries) and see if they could get a Nexus 5 in. Somehow.
2nd November 2013, 07:18 PM   |  #6  

66 posts
I might do that as well. Did it in Media Markt already (they'll warn me if and when they get the Nexus 5), as they previously had the Nexus 4 for some time.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
2nd November 2013, 07:33 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 44

162 posts
Fnac.pt will unveil the nexus 5 next week, so next week we'll know if it's an official LG launch or not.
If it is the phone will be available in practically every major chain.

For those thinking about buying via playstore and forward2me it's much cheaper to buy from carphone warehouse (less hassle with mbnet declines, free postage to forward2me and no need for personal shopping)

Sent from my CINK FIVE using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sudoeste For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2013, 07:43 PM   |  #8  
Flag Coimbra
Thanks Meter: 50

288 posts
More
i think ill have to do it like a i did with my nexus 4.
find a friend in uk and ask them to buy it and send it to me... its cheaper...
but first i need to sell my n4, money isnt that much in my pocket...
but good idea to start a thread for our contry...
3rd November 2013, 12:10 AM   |  #9  
Flag LX
Thanks Meter: 18

125 posts
More
Managed to grab two 16GB Nexus 5 (BLK) directly from the German Play Store, through a work colleague based in Germany and should have 'em with me sometime during next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudoeste

Fnac.pt will unveil the nexus 5 next week, so next week we'll know if it's an official LG launch or not.
If it is the phone will be available in practically every major chain.

For those thinking about buying via playstore and forward2me it's much cheaper to buy from carphone warehouse (less hassle with mbnet declines, free postage to forward2me and no need for personal shopping)

Really ?! Because I've called FNAC today after reading your post and they had no idea what the heck I was talking about. And based in a past experience, ordering from Carphone Warehouse (even to a UK forwarding address) was actually a PITA.

3rd November 2013, 12:14 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 44

162 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Phreak

Managed to grab two 16GB Nexus 5 (BLK) directly from the German Play Store, through a work colleague based in Germany and should have 'em with me sometime during next week.

Really ?! Because I've called FNAC today after reading your post and they had no idea what the heck I was talking about. And based in a past experience, ordering from Carphone Warehouse (even to a UK forwarding address) was actually a PITA.

You called a store correct? See Fnac.pt 's facebook

Sent from my CINK FIVE using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
buy, nexus 5, portugal, portuguese
Previous Thread Next Thread