Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Today was a bad day

Tip us?

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
ive never used a case on any of my devices(since g1 days, and every nexus since). i did buy a case for my n4. i put it on and immediately took it off. i hate how they feel in the hand, it really bugs me. naked is still the way to go for me. and ive dropped my phones many times, but this was the first time in all those years that my screen actually broke. what sucks is that it was all my fault. i had it in my lap(sitting on a bench at night), then stood up forgetting it was there. face down on the concrete it went. by now though, i forget that it did break. its in such a place that doesnt bug me, and the cracks arent visable with the screen on.
The ol' "forgot I set it down on my lap and stood up" situation. I see this happening to people on almost a daily basis stepping out of their cars. There's also the "random stranger bumping the phone out of your hand" which can be quite unexpected.
W32

TheLastSidekick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2038

DONATE TO ME
Every time I drop my phone even with a case or not, I have a mini heart attack. I know my case will protect it and I know that the Nexus 5 has a durable screen and needs a pretty hard fall to break but it's that 000.1 percent chance that I'll pick it up after a nasty fall one day and have a small crack.

Seeing a stupid comment on Google Play about an app you love and marking it as "spam". You've done it too.
Team Inferno (Co-admin)

RacerX780
Old
Thanks Meter 8
My screen broke about 2 weeks ago... very upsetting. I thought about getting a screen and doing the job myself, but I figured it would be best, for me, to have LG do it.

Unfortunately, they are rather slow. They got it one week ago today, and it's not expected to be delivered to my house until Tuesday. So a total of 14 days since I mailed it back to them.

Just keep that in mind if you plan to have them fix it... The only phone I had from before is an old flip phone.. which works, but very, very limiting compared to a N5. lol

El Daddy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3768
OP, I feel for ya. If that happened to me; I would have a bad day too!

However, there is a thread dedicated to people having bad days here: Post your broken Nexus 5 thread

Feel free to drown in your sorrow with the other unfortunate members.

Thread closed.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to El Daddy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe