Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,598 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[bootloader] [unbrick] Second Bootloader on Nexus 5

Tip us?
 
aryalireza
Old
#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by varuntis1993 View Post
just out of curiosity how much did it cost you?
nothing!!
in this case my EMMC part has been damaged !
they using JTAG process and write again bootloader and...
so,my bootloader has been unlocked,when they writing and flashing bootloader and new ROM,they cant understand my UL BL!!
so,they repaire it for me FREE!!

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo View Post
Can you confirm that they havent replaced you motherboard?
I checked my IMEI before and after that.
and checked my bootloader Revision number

how many way to understand changed motherboard?
The Following User Says Thank You to aryalireza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bitdomo
Old
#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 641
Posts: 1,050
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Göd
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryalireza View Post
nothing!!
in this case my EMMC part has been damaged !
they using JTAG process and write again bootloader and...
so,my bootloader has been unlocked,when they writing and flashing bootloader and new ROM,they cant understand my UL BL!!
so,they repaire it for me FREE!!

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------



I checked my IMEI before and after that.
and checked my bootloader Revision number

how many way to understand changed motherboard?
I am just asking because there is no jtag support for any snapdragon 800 phone. The jtag pins are disabled by a hardware feature called qfuse. Once they are disabled it cannot be enabled.
I have an LG service repair guide. It states that if the phone cannot be turned on they replace the motherboard and they write your original IMEI to the new motherboard.
If they really somehow reflashed your phone (jtag is not possible) without changing the motherboard then I will try to make efforts through my sources to get infos about that misterious flashing process.

Other way to find could be checking the serial number in fastboot mode.
The absoule thing that could tell you is your motherboard changed could be the PID number which is shown only in LG flashtool
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bitdomo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
aryalireza
Old
#23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo View Post
I am just asking because there is no jtag support for any snapdragon 800 phone. The jtag pins are disabled by a hardware feature called qfuse. Once they are disabled it cannot be enabled.
I have an LG service repair guide. It states that if the phone cannot be turned on they replace the motherboard and they write your original IMEI to the new motherboard.
If they really somehow reflashed your phone (jtag is not possible) without changing the motherboard then I will try to make efforts through my sources to get infos about that misterious flashing process.

Other way to find could be checking the serial number in fastboot mode.
The absoule thing that could tell you is your motherboard changed could be the PID number which is shown only in LG flashtool
Thnak you for information.i intersted!
but one question,if they changed my MB,why they did'nt give any cost from me??
 
bitdomo
Old
#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 641
Posts: 1,050
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Göd
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryalireza View Post
Thnak you for information.i intersted!
but one question,if they changed my MB,why they did'nt give any cost from me??
Maybe you have warranty?
The Following User Says Thank You to bitdomo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
aryalireza
Old
#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo View Post
Maybe you have warranty?

yeah,i have
but unlocking boot loader not contain warranty! that's right??
how they can understand this phone's boot loader is unlocked?
 
bitdomo
Old
(Last edited by bitdomo; 5th August 2014 at 09:58 AM.)
#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 641
Posts: 1,050
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Göd
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryalireza View Post

yeah,i have
but unlocking boot loader not contain warranty! that's right??
how they can understand this phone's boot loader is unlocked?
First thing is that if you live in a country which is part of the EU then unlocked bl or root does not matter.
Second: unlocked bootloader in term of nexus decices is a security feature for the you to avoid thieves to steal your infos if they have your phone. Only works if you have pattern or pin lockscreen. For other phones a bootloader which locked by default it can be unlocked through hacking like samsung and lg phones, for those devices locked bl means that you cannot boot custom rom. On nexus you can boot custom rom even if you lock your bootloader loader. Also there are phones which come with unlocked bl by default and they cannot be locked. Do you understand what I mean?
Third thing LG use a software which support only phones with LG's android because those androids has a special port setting which can be enabled in the hidden menu, but that hidden menu is missing from nexus 5 because the android on nexus 5 comes from google and not from LG.
Fourth: if you have problems with your nexus and factory reset does not help then google instructs you to reflash the factory rom which needs to unlock your bl. I know a guy called google what to do. He tried to do factory reset but didnt work so the google guy instructed him to download android sdk go to the adb folder in cmd then unlock the bootloader then try to flash factory rom.
Fifth: if your phone cannot be turned on there is no way to find out you have unlocked bl, root or custom rom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bitdomo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
manolito1998
Old
#27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 23
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Madrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andriy2 View Post
Pre-history:
Some day I decided to test different kernels on Nexus 5 ..
And after few tests I accidentally flash kernel (via recovery zip) for Nexus 4 to my Nexus 5....
And as I learned later:
N4 - /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 - is boot (kernel)
But!
N5 - /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 - is bootloader
And when I reboot device, I haven't bootloader.... ---> and I haven't fastboot or adb access...
Then...... Goooogle..... No result... All program use adb or fastboot which I haven't...

Then despairingly I try to hold different combinations of hardware buttons...
And!!!
I found second (reserve) bootloader on Nexus 5!!
I hold for a few seconds all buttons
Added: your device must be powered off!

Volume up + power - this will power off your Nexus 5!
Volume up + down + power - this will boot reserve Bootloader

And then I see partition table for Nexus 5 and restore my primary Bootloader using "dd" command ))

su
dd if="/dev/block/mmcblk0p11" of="/dev/block/mmcblk0p6"

Information:
N5 - /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 - aboot - is primary bootloader
N5 - /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 - aboot - is reserve bootloader

Sorry for my English...)
Thank you very much for your work. With your help I could recover my dead nexus 5.
 
Andriy2
Old
#28  
Andriy2's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 47
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kiev
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito1998 View Post
Thank you very much for your work. With your help I could recover my dead nexus 5.
Thank you too for reply)
I'm so happy that my instruction helps you)

Tags
bootloader, fastboot, nexus 5, unbrick
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes