Chromecast Cast Screen Live

17th July 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 25

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneDoom

Screen cast works with viper4android installed in priv apps for me. On stock with xposed, franco kernel, and removed some useless system apps and casting still works. I had a problem with the multi-dpi google play store mod and decided to use a xposed module as an alternative.

Which version of viper4android do you have installed? I'm on stock rooted and removing viper4android was the only thing I did to get mirroring to work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th July 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 30

137 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDP///M

Which version of viper4android do you have installed? I'm on stock rooted and removing viper4android was the only thing I did to get mirroring to work.

I'm currently on 2.3.3.0 the thing about it though I installed it manually by moving the apk into priv apps instead flashing it in. Flashing anything that altered my system folder seemed to screw it all up, now that I remember...
The Following User Says Thank You to DroneDoom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 25

63 posts
Quote:

I'm currently on 2.3.3.0 the thing about it though I installed it manually by moving the apk into priv apps instead flashing it in. Flashing anything that altered my system folder seemed to screw it all up, now that I remember...

I also had moved it to priv app but i think my problem was that I was using an older version. Thanks. I will try 2.3.3.0

18th July 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 7

30 posts
Quote:

That did the trick!

I had flashed V4A 2.3.3.0 so it would automatically put it into /system/priv-app and set the permissions to rw-r--r--.

Reflashed the stock 4.4.4 system.img and flashed SuperSU, then applied all my other mods manually (franco.Kernel, Xposed, Busybox, V4A, etc), and voila! Works perfectly now!

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to BTG-XCELL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #75  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 77

461 posts
More
hey.. has anyone noticed that the chromecast get's very hot when being used for an hour or two.... also when it's just simply connected but not being used.. it still get's considerably hot....
any ideas....
20th July 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #76  
Flag Bay City, MI
Thanks Meter: 263

1,178 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit25

hey.. has anyone noticed that the chromecast get's very hot when being used for an hour or two.... also when it's just simply connected but not being used.. it still get's considerably hot....
any ideas....

Mine gets warm but then again it always has. I got a few disconnects today when casting. It would freeze the picture and no sound. Then I'd get a toast message saying that casting had failed.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!
24th July 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #77  
Flag Bell Gardens, CA
Thanks Meter: 91

317 posts
More
I hope this feature comes to LG's Google TVs.. I don't want to spend $35 to add Google to my already Google tv

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread