Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 43,812 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chromecast Cast Screen Live

Tip us?

PDP///M
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneDoom View Post
Screen cast works with viper4android installed in priv apps for me. On stock with xposed, franco kernel, and removed some useless system apps and casting still works. I had a problem with the multi-dpi google play store mod and decided to use a xposed module as an alternative.
Which version of viper4android do you have installed? I'm on stock rooted and removing viper4android was the only thing I did to get mirroring to work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DroneDoom
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDP///M View Post
Which version of viper4android do you have installed? I'm on stock rooted and removing viper4android was the only thing I did to get mirroring to work.

I'm currently on 2.3.3.0 the thing about it though I installed it manually by moving the apk into priv apps instead flashing it in. Flashing anything that altered my system folder seemed to screw it all up, now that I remember...
The Following User Says Thank You to DroneDoom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PDP///M
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
I'm currently on 2.3.3.0 the thing about it though I installed it manually by moving the apk into priv apps instead flashing it in. Flashing anything that altered my system folder seemed to screw it all up, now that I remember...
I also had moved it to priv app but i think my problem was that I was using an older version. Thanks. I will try 2.3.3.0

BTG-XCELL
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
That did the trick!

I had flashed V4A 2.3.3.0 so it would automatically put it into /system/priv-app and set the permissions to rw-r--r--.

Reflashed the stock 4.4.4 system.img and flashed SuperSU, then applied all my other mods manually (franco.Kernel, Xposed, Busybox, V4A, etc), and voila! Works perfectly now!

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to BTG-XCELL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rohit25
Old
Thanks Meter 74
hey.. has anyone noticed that the chromecast get's very hot when being used for an hour or two.... also when it's just simply connected but not being used.. it still get's considerably hot....
any ideas....
hit THANKS if i helped a LIL

mrro82
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit25 View Post
hey.. has anyone noticed that the chromecast get's very hot when being used for an hour or two.... also when it's just simply connected but not being used.. it still get's considerably hot....
any ideas....
Mine gets warm but then again it always has. I got a few disconnects today when casting. It would freeze the picture and no sound. Then I'd get a toast message saying that casting had failed.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!

7TimesCursed
Old
Thanks Meter 88
I hope this feature comes to LG's Google TVs.. I don't want to spend $35 to add Google to my already Google tv
Mazda and Google Fanboy