cracked screen

Tip us?

pootown
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Unhappy cracked screen

that was fast

24 hours, slipped out my hand when bent to tie my show, 2 feet off the ground it landed flat on the ground. Shattered.

I want to blame myself but this wasn't an epic slip, I guess there's a magic spot you dont want to hit if this thing falls but if its that easy I think alot of people are going to be doing the same.

Maybe someone at support is having a good day, doubtful. I can;t buy another one tho if it breaks so easily. I've never actually cracked a screen before.

it looks like a tall iphone now

FML

kaywalker23
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pootown View Post
that was fast

24 hours, slipped out my hand when bent to tie my show, 2 feet off the ground it landed flat on the ground. Shattered.

I want to blame myself but this wasn't an epic slip, I guess there's a magic spot you dont want to hit if this thing falls but if its that easy I think alot of people are going to be doing the same.

Maybe someone at support is having a good day, doubtful. I can;t buy another one tho if it breaks so easily. I've never actually cracked a screen before.

it looks like a tall iphone now

FML
my condolences. I know how it feels. I got mine today but my case is coming in next week. crossing my fingers to keep the damn thing safe till then

sn0warmy
Old
Thanks Meter 678
Quote:
that was fast

I want to blame myself but ...
I'll just stop you there. It's a smartphone. Without a case, if dropped, it will break. Period. I'm sorry for your situation but this is why cases are so widely used.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sn0warmy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pootown
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaywalker23 View Post
my condolences. I know how it feels. I got mine today but my case is coming in next week. crossing my fingers to keep the damn thing safe till then
i have dropped my GS3 face down while riding a bicycle and it's fine. Then probably 20 times in a similar instance to just now all i have on that are some some scraches.

Trying to get in touch with LG see what they charge for screen replacement, a post on the LG G2 forum says $105 plys shipping.

sn0warmy
Old
Thanks Meter 678
Quote:
i have dropped my GS3 face down while riding a bicycle and it's fine. Then probably 20 times in a similar instance to just now all i have on that are some some scraches.

Trying to get in touch with LG see what they charge for screen replacement, a post on the LG G2 forum says $105 plys shipping.
If that's accurate that isn't too bad! I know when I cracked my Galaxy Nexus screen last year I just called Google and they sent me a new phone, charged me the full price of the phone, then when I returned my broken one they refunded all but $100. It was a damn good deal in my opinion. You might want to give that a try instead of dealing with LG.

JCreazy
Old
Thanks Meter 46
No one to blame but yourself. That sucks though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to JCreazy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HRodMusic
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Ive only dropped one phone in my life time, htc one x, and the first fall equaled shattered screen =(
Carrier: AT&T
Phone: HTC One (M8)

Phones
HTC Diamond->Blackberry Curve->G1->Motorola Rockr E8->IPhone 3G->Galaxy S Vibrant->IPhone 4-> HTC Sensation->Sidekick 4G ->SGS2 -> Galaxy Nexus-> IPhone 4S 32gb white- > Skyrocket-> Galaxy S3-> Nexus 4-> HTC One X -> White 32gb iPhone 5 ->Galaxy Note II -> HTC One -> Snowtrooper Nexus 5 32GB -> Note 3 -> LG G2 -> HTC ONE M8

GR36
Old
Thanks Meter 141
I have done the same to gs3, nexus 4, HTC one (yes I am clumsy) they are all as brittle as each other. I just make sure I have insurance!

New Jer-Z
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Ouch. I cracked my Nexus 4 screen 3 times. Sent it o LG every time lol. The last time I sent it, they actually just fixed it for me for free, which was really nice of them.

Anyways, if it really no a $105, this isn't bad. It was around $150 to fix the N4 each time I cracked. The digitizer was literally right on the glass in the Nexus 4, so even the smallest chip could render the entire screen unusable. As was what happened to me.

Nexus 5 has Gorilla Glass 3. I really hope that makes a difference.

JCreazy
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Gorilla glass prevents scratching, not cracking.