My crazy day getting a nexus 5!

OP 903tex

24th March 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 736

1,160 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur

If you think a Sprint store can enter a MEID into the system that was never there before then I believe you need to go buy a bunch of lottery tickets.

What?

My father activated his GP Nexus 5 on Sprint no problem, and my brother brought his over to Sprint FROM Tmobile just fine...

Literally 5 minutes in the online chat interface (with a Sprint SIM from the local store)
24th March 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #22  
Flag VA Beach
Thanks Meter: 147

646 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nburnes

What?

My father activated his GP Nexus 5 on Sprint no problem, and my brother brought his over to Sprint FROM Tmobile just fine...

Literally 5 minutes in the online chat interface (with a Sprint SIM from the local store)

Seems a rare case or luck. As others haven't had such success. And speculated if possible at all. I know that thread is around here somewhere. Well at least I can now reference one success story.

(HR from iF :P)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
24th March 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nburnes

What?

same here
24th March 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tyler, Texas
Thanks Meter: 201

976 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur

If you think a Sprint store can enter a MEID into the system that was never there before then I believe you need to go buy a bunch of lottery tickets.

I know it can be done! The first n5 I had sold it to somebody wanting it for sprint. They activated it no problem! They called me to let me know afterwards.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th March 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #25  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,224

4,516 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 903tex

I know it can be done! The first n5 I had sold it to somebody wanting it for sprint. They activated it no problem! They called me to let me know afterwards.

It all depends on who you talk to really. They most likely won't add the esn or whatever to sprint. Some will actually do it for you though if you get lucky. It's pretty just like how best buy does price matching. Some will match the play store while others will refuse to.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
24th March 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tyler, Texas
Thanks Meter: 201

976 posts
More
It just dumb on sprint part for them doing this. If they want customer based to increase then they should have had Google make them a SPRINT model only like the previous nexus phones they sold! Honestly the customers coming to sprint and wanting a nexus 5 are most likely way small for this to be even a issue. So why not just train your employees to know how to activated the phone? Simple

Also Walmart tries to tell people they don't price match but they run commercials all the time saying they price match.....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread