Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 55,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My crazy day getting a nexus 5!

Tip us?

Nburnes
Old
Thanks Meter 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
If you think a Sprint store can enter a MEID into the system that was never there before then I believe you need to go buy a bunch of lottery tickets.
What?

My father activated his GP Nexus 5 on Sprint no problem, and my brother brought his over to Sprint FROM Tmobile just fine...

Literally 5 minutes in the online chat interface (with a Sprint SIM from the local store)

Stealyourface
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nburnes View Post
What?

My father activated his GP Nexus 5 on Sprint no problem, and my brother brought his over to Sprint FROM Tmobile just fine...

Literally 5 minutes in the online chat interface (with a Sprint SIM from the local store)
Seems a rare case or luck. As others haven't had such success. And speculated if possible at all. I know that thread is around here somewhere. Well at least I can now reference one success story.

(HR from iF :P)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

seeeb
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nburnes View Post
What?

same here

903tex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
If you think a Sprint store can enter a MEID into the system that was never there before then I believe you need to go buy a bunch of lottery tickets.
I know it can be done! The first n5 I had sold it to somebody wanting it for sprint. They activated it no problem! They called me to let me know afterwards.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Device

Nexus 5

Previous Devices
TO MANY TO LIST!!! LOL

IF I HELPED YOU WITH ANYTHING HIT THAT THANKS BUTTON.......

FuMMoD
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,221

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 903tex View Post
I know it can be done! The first n5 I had sold it to somebody wanting it for sprint. They activated it no problem! They called me to let me know afterwards.

It all depends on who you talk to really. They most likely won't add the esn or whatever to sprint. Some will actually do it for you though if you get lucky. It's pretty just like how best buy does price matching. Some will match the play store while others will refuse to.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

903tex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 191
It just dumb on sprint part for them doing this. If they want customer based to increase then they should have had Google make them a SPRINT model only like the previous nexus phones they sold! Honestly the customers coming to sprint and wanting a nexus 5 are most likely way small for this to be even a issue. So why not just train your employees to know how to activated the phone? Simple

Also Walmart tries to tell people they don't price match but they run commercials all the time saying they price match.....

Current Device

Nexus 5

Previous Devices
TO MANY TO LIST!!! LOL

IF I HELPED YOU WITH ANYTHING HIT THAT THANKS BUTTON.......