Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Discussion] Android 4.5 Wish List - Nexus 5 Edition

Tip us?

nyyankees1237
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 190
Default [Discussion] Android 4.5 Wish List - Nexus 5 Edition

Well, we all have obviously been using 4.4 Kit Kat for a while now. I love it personally! But there's always room for bigger and better things and more importantly, improvement.

Some things I want in stock Android:

-complete removal of all holo blue and more UI uniformity
-lock screen notifications
-customizable quick settings
-more speed and battery adjustments
-redesigned camera UI (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE)
-battery percent indicator built in
-snazzier UI animations

That's it for now, I think. My list will probably grow as will yours.

What about all of you?

-Anthony

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nyyankees1237 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ew2x4
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I have a lot more requests for the tablet UI. I love Kit Kat for the Nexus 5. It felt like Kit Kat was a step backwards for the Nexus 10. They actually removed tablet UI features and put in phone UI in places.

I do agree with a continuation of removing the blue, and making it all a little sleaker.

coolboy6332
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I'd just like to see more attention given to the camera and battery
The Following User Says Thank You to coolboy6332 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MisterRich
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I would like to see the original features be addressed. The fact that Google Hangouts on the Nexus 5 acts strangely still concerns me. When sending out a group message, converts the message to MMS ( as it should ) however, once you hit send, it goes out to all people as individual SMS messages, which, when you get a reply, as opposed to being a group MMS conversation, is an individual SMS conversation. It's the little things like that which make it difficult...

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1378
Quote:
Originally Posted by ew2x4 View Post
I have a lot more requests for the tablet UI. I love Kit Kat for the Nexus 5. It felt like Kit Kat was a step backwards for the Nexus 10. They actually removed tablet UI features and put in phone UI in places.

I do agree with a continuation of removing the blue, and making it all a little sleaker.
I see mixed responses with the tablet UI all the time. I, for one, like the UI now compared to the old way.

As far as future additions to Android, I cant think of many. KitKat is beautiful in my opinion. The camera could use a little work though. I'm always looking forward to seeing what Google does though.
The Following User Says Thank You to jsgraphicart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tokuzumi
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Separate the damn ringtone volume from the notification volume! I have volume butler, and it does what I want, but if I use my volume rocker while in a call, watching a video, listening to a song, etc, I have to go back in and adjust my volumes in there again. Pain in the rear.
The Following User Says Thank You to tokuzumi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cellsafemode
Old
Thanks Meter 866
Lossless PNG camera saving direct from raw data.

Quick setting customization

Art by default

Google music cache auto shrink if system needs space on data partition
Perhaps by flagging certain data as cache despite being on data partition and not cache partition.
phone: LG G2x
mod: EB ICS build 4 21y
kernel: EB kernel @ 1400

The Following User Says Thank You to cellsafemode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PhoenixAG
Old
Thanks Meter 7
The main thing missing from Android to make it user accessible is complete phone backup. I can't believe they still haven't introduced it.

I've been using Android phones since the G1, but one thing I prefer in iPhone is the fact that it used to automatically sync with iCloud everyday and backup. That way, if I lose my phone tomorrow, I can get a new one and restore an exact copy to it.

Using Google Drive, it should be the simplest thing to backup apps and data and settings.

I know Google has built in backup which backs up some data, but its not the same till all developers code for it. And yes, I have been using Titanium backup and also using the built in Google Drive option, and its still not the same.
Current Phones: Nexus 5, Moto Defy Mini, Nokia 113 + 101
Phones/PDAs: iPhone 5s|SG Note 2|iPhone 5|iPhone 4S|Galaxy Nexus|BB 9900|iPhone 4|HTC Desire HD|BB 9300|Nexus One|Nokia E52|BB 9700|HTC Desire|BB 8900|HTC Magic|Samsung i780|Nokia E71|HTC(Kaiser+Excalibur+Prophet+Feeler)|Axim X30|Nokia 6600|Palm(T|E+Vx+IIIe+Pro)
Gadgets: iPad Mini|iPad 3|Kindle PW|PS Vita|PSP|iPod Nano Red|Xbox 360 60GB|Sony PRS-505
Laptops: MBA 11|Thinkpad X230
Photography: OMD E-M5|Sanyo Xacti HD700
The Following User Says Thank You to PhoenixAG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lukas_s
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Honestly, I'm happy with KitKat. I can't think of any other features that I need, but of course, any will be welcome.

My biggest wish? Get rid of the Holo blue in the in-call dialer. Why they didn't just make that look like the new dialer is beyond me, but it looks horribly out of place.
93 93/93

spunkfaucet666
Old
Thanks Meter 0
They definitely need to get rid of that awful black and greyish blue gradient background and replace it with a white or gray. It's very strange that the phone UI is very dark yet all of the Google Apps are incredibly bright, it just doesn't look right.