XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who dropped it?

Tip us?

rabaker07
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Who dropped it?

Post photos and stories of your Nexus 5 that was dropped and how it fared...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

yamahakid
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I dropped mine the other day. From waist height (I'm 5'8). I had it resting on a pouch on my duty belt and forgot it was there when I was walking to my car. Fell right to the ground and landed face down, I feared the worst. I picked it up and not a scratch.

My phone is in a ringke fusion case which now has a scuff on the corner (would have been a devastating blow for a naked phone). But all in all it survived.[COLOR="Silver"]

Captivate> skyrocket> S3> iphone 5> iphone 5s> Nexus 5(current)

PhillyCheez
Old
(Last edited by PhillyCheez; 11th December 2013 at 04:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 46
Dropped mine 4 times on to concrete from about 3.5-4 feet.

I'm using the ringke slim case. It's landed all ways, even face down.

Not a scratch on the screen or camera. Ringke case slim corners see minor scratches but the actual nexus 5 looks perfect.
The Following User Says Thank You to PhillyCheez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cirkustanz
Old
Thanks Meter 78
I dropped my phone at a bar last over the weekend. Not sure how it landed, but the back of the phone came unsealed near the top. I pressed it back in, and at first glance it looked fine, but when I got home I noticed it doesn't quite seal the same. If I handed the phone to someone they probably wouldn't be able to tell , but I know it's there. Heh. Pressing on that same corner, it kinda, well, creaks a little...it's probably from the back of the phone. Everything works fine though thankfully.

While I've never used a case in a phone, this is only the second time I've dropped my phone in the last few years. The irony is I did buy a couple of cases for it, (the ones with the clear back) but they were so slippery I decided not to use them. I then ordered a bumper only style case (the abacus one) that came in the mail the day after it happened. :P

I'm sure I'll forget about it in a few weeks. Still not sure I want to use the bumper case though, it is too thick, and I think it actually will make me more likely to drop the phone. :P

lolcopter
Old
Thanks Meter 218
getting the official case was the best decision ever

I've dropped it multiple times and not a scratch

sluflyer06
Old
Thanks Meter 102
What's the point of this thread? ANY phone that gets dropped is just pure luck of the draw on the outcome, no phone is significantly different in any way on surviving or not surviving a fall. You could drop a phone 15 times from head height and never get damage and then drop it once from 12" and shatter the screen.
Nexus 5 Rooted Stock w/ Franco Kernel
Nexus 7 Flo Rooted Stock 4.4

R.I.P
Iphone 4s
HTC One 32GB GSM/LTE - AOKP/Franco Kernel STOLEN
Galaxy Nexus maguro - AOKP JB ROM / Franco Kernel
Nexus 7 grouper 16GB - Rooted De-Odexed stock 4.2.1 Franco Kernel
XOOM LTE Stingray - Team EOS Rom
The Following User Says Thank You to sluflyer06 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dicecuber
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
getting the official case was the best decision ever

I've dropped it multiple times and not a scratch
It's overpriced

Sent from my Nexus 5

Redmed427
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Dropped mine on thanksgiving from waist height. Fell right on the screen. Scratched in a waning moon shape horizontally across the middle of the screen if you had it in portrait mode.

Seadra
Old
Thanks Meter 207
Dropped mine.. and it was naked. No protectors or anything, It was in the first week I bought.

Dropped some like 4 feet above the ground and it fell above around 5 feet from myself. It survived ,.. a corner of the back slightly came out, I pushed it in and it did settle.. still the corner was slightly out. Went to LG and they said it is dropped and I ofcourse said , I didn't do it, it was the same when I got the phone :P so they opened the whole back panel and showed me the corner's plastic which was kinda bent slightly. They said it can be only because someone applied the pressure. They said don't worry, it's slightly out and it's hardly noticiable. My friend's have been seeing my phonefrom last 2 weeks and they still haven't figured out this.. so

kadir456
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post
Post photos and stories of your Nexus 5 that was dropped and how it fared...

my got dropped yesterday...screen is broken