Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 41,080 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

We are not easy to please

Tip us?

Enddo
Old
Thanks Meter 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSolstice View Post
OP, this is an example of a post to not bother responding to. All it takes is to look at his posting history; "dicecuber" spends most of his time either criticizing the Nexus 5, or posting completely irrelevant "questions" in threads that have nothing to do with them (i.e., he asked in the Nexus 5 Singapore thread "can you chew gum in Singapore").

People that respond to this sort of post only enable it to keep happening.
i like you

Nexus 5 - Paranoid Android
Nexus 7 - Paranoid Android
The Following User Says Thank You to Enddo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jelle2503
Old
Thanks Meter 273
I just read on here some guy said he donated and what he was going to get for it. Like the dev owed him something.

pwrmedia
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelle2503 View Post
I just read on here some guy said he donated and what he was going to get for it. Like the dev owed him something.

What's his name?

Anybody who's down for donating w/o knowing where his funds are going is someone I'd like to know.
Currently running:

Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: 4.4.2 Rooted Stock
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: Stock
Freq: Stock
LCD Density: 300

Retired: HTC One, S3 Dev Ed., Galaxy Nexus, iPhone4s 32G, EVO LTE, 3vo, MoPho, Evo Shift, OG Evo, Hero, Diamond

SOHKis
Old
Thanks Meter 143
welcome to xda.. things used to be different... long, long ago...

monkeypaws
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
welcome to xda.. things used to be different... long, long ago...
I agree. I don't know if people do this anymore but the bounty threads always end in drama. Users think a donation is more than that; a legal binding financial commitment. So when a dev doesn't come through they rage or threaten. They forget the definition of donations.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Toledo_JAB
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradelle View Post
I only joined XDA in October. I use it a lot though due to an unswerving flash addiction.

I see this kind of message a lot in rom threads: 'Hello! I love your rom! It's by far the fastest I've used on XDA. The thing is, the clock is 0.0000000000000000000000000001% off center, and until this bug is sorted out I can't use your rom as my daily driver.'

Are we all getting too picky? It's a bit like saying 'well, thank you for the offer of a free Ferrari, but I don't like the color of the cigarette lighter so for now I'll carry on walking to work.'
You are not alone with those thoughts.

Over the years XDA has grown from a site made up of just developers, to a site comprised of more users than developers.

With the increase in users comes more non-development posts.
It is a balancing act to keep XDA focused on development and the non-development chatter to a minimum.

I am no going to close this thread.

If anyone has any questions or comments please PM me.

Thread closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
Let me be very clear on this:
IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY,
THEN YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

The Following User Says Thank You to Toledo_JAB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe