Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 - U.S. Thread

Tip us?
 
ctowne
Old
(Last edited by ctowne; 4th November 2013 at 10:37 AM.)
#1  
ctowne's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 701
Posts: 4,033
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orono, Maine
Default Nexus 5 - U.S. Thread

A place for us US people to ramble on about the Google Nexus 5!

Here's a plan option you can do that will save a lot of people a decent amount of money http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...taconnect plan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382467790590.jpg
Views:	1877
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	2343434  
Nexus 4 Limbo Level 3 Survivor
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ctowne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
soupmagnet
Old
(Last edited by soupmagnet; 22nd October 2013 at 08:30 PM.)
#2  
soupmagnet's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2353
Posts: 4,021
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Consider this an official warning to anyone posting negative, off-topic, or IB4L posts, as there will be consequences.

Thank you
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to soupmagnet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Cronis
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 101
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gota say I know a lot of people come down kinda hard on the big camera lens but I kinda like the look.
 
ctowne
Old
#4  
ctowne's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 701
Posts: 4,033
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orono, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronis View Post
Gota say I know a lot of people come down kinda hard on the big camera lens but I kinda like the look.
I agree with you. My biggest concern is that tiny little earpiece though. Thoughts?
Nexus 4 Limbo Level 3 Survivor
 
siloner
Old
#5  
siloner's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 277
Posts: 1,493
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago

 
DONATE TO ME
My concern is camera quality. I know it won't be the best but I hope it's way better then the N4

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowne View Post
I agree with you. My biggest concern is that tiny little earpiece though. Thoughts?
Meh not a bit deal to me for now. Need to see it in person. Won't stop me from buying though

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Limbo Land For Life!!!
 
ctowne
Old
#6  
ctowne's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 701
Posts: 4,033
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orono, Maine
Yeah the Nexus 4 camera was not that good.. It's good but the terrible auto focus kind of kills it.
Nexus 4 Limbo Level 3 Survivor
 
Cronis
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 101
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowne View Post
I agree with you. My biggest concern is that tiny little earpiece though. Thoughts?
Hard to say, its circular as opposed to long and slender like on most phones. I think a lot will depend on the audio hardware they use, which is kind of an unknown.

its right up there with camera quality, we wont know how good it is till we use the phone.
 
ctowne
Old
#8  
ctowne's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 701
Posts: 4,033
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orono, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronis View Post
Hard to say, its circular as opposed to long and slender like on most phones. I think a lot will depend on the audio hardware they use, which is kind of an unknown.

its right up there with camera quality, we wont know how good it is till we use the phone.
I just feel like with that tiny little hole you will have to have it perfectly placed in your ear to hear anything. I'm sure that can't be the case though.
Nexus 4 Limbo Level 3 Survivor
 
Cronis
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 101
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowne View Post
I just feel like with that tiny little hole you will have to have it perfectly placed in your ear to hear anything. I'm sure that can't be the case though.
Cant think of any smartphones that use a small circlular ear piece off the top of my head... would be curious to get my hands on one or see reviews just to see if its an issue.
 
ctowne
Old
#10  
ctowne's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 701
Posts: 4,033
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orono, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronis View Post
Cant think of any smartphones that use a small circlular ear piece off the top of my head... would be curious to get my hands on one or see reviews just to see if its an issue.
Yeah me too.

I don't understand why they made the "chin" so big either.
Nexus 4 Limbo Level 3 Survivor

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes