OP evildave_666

6th November 2013, 05:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 138

723 posts
More
Miscellaneous notes:

I have no idea if the version that's going on sale via Emobile middle of the month has a different software image than the one sold in Play Store.

Went out to Akihabara today, from one end to the other. Not a single Nexus 5 case to be found.

On Docomo at least, no Google Wallet.

Trivial to get running on Docomo if you've already got an Xi contract with 3FF SIM:
1. Go to www.mydocomo.com, log in with your mobile number and password
a. sign up for moperaU service (6 months free, after 6 months you'll want to change it to moperaU light)
b. cancel your sp-mode service (save 315 yen/mo for those 6 months)
2. Put the SIM in the Nexus 5 and power it on
Done.

Detailed rundown for those with weak japanese-fu at http://www.aeug.org/drupal/node/22
Last edited by evildave_666; 7th November 2013 at 03:54 AM.
6th November 2013, 12:19 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Tokyo

723 posts
More
There are issues with bmobile 3G SIMs. The answer may be a reissue with LTE SIM and a change of plan, to the tune of over 5000 yen in extra charges plus the loss of the legacy voice plans, which come with a call allowance, unlike the plans for the LTE SIMs.
6th November 2013, 03:11 PM   |  #3  
Flag kawasaki
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
More
Smile
Sir where did you get or bought the google nexus 5? It is already available at akihabara? Please reply thanks in advance
6th November 2013, 04:59 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 11

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiba161

Sir where did you get or bought the google nexus 5? It is already available at akihabara? Please reply thanks in advance

You can buy it at google play store. I went to akiba yesterday but still not found.
7th November 2013, 03:52 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Tokyo

723 posts
More
I've confirmed with JCI that Bmobile 3G users are screwed, ones with voice service particularly so.

3150 yen SIM reissue charge
2100 yen plan change charge
loss of the 1000 yen/mo voice communication allowance on an ongoing basis

If you are on a Bmobile 3G plan and want to not get anally violated without even a courtesy reacharound, don't get a Nexus 5. Or get one and MNP to someone else and complain loudly to JCI as you are walking out the door.
8th November 2013, 02:22 PM   |  #6  
Flag kawasaki
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
More
Guys if there is available google nexus 5 at akihabara in japan please post it here thanks in advance and about ordering on google store I'm not always at home and no one will pick it up if I'm on my work that's why I cannot order it from them and if I cannot pick it up they will leave it out your door that is also the reason the package or my order will lost...
8th November 2013, 04:00 PM   |  #7  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 11

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiba161

Guys if there is available google nexus 5 at akihabara in japan please post it here thanks in advance and about ordering on google store I'm not always at home and no one will pick it up if I'm on my work that's why I cannot order it from them and if I cannot pick it up they will leave it out your door that is also the reason the package or my order will lost...

staff at Bic camera told me that Nexus 5 will be available next fri.(15 Nov.)
8th November 2013, 04:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 642

164 posts
Donate to Me
Just checking in as I'm also here in Japan and using the B-mobile Sumaho LTE plan (I was already using it on my Nexus 4 so I had no changeover problems).

I checked out Akiba and couldn't find any cases either. Hope they get some soon! I ordered my phone via the Play Store first day and it was delivered yesterday.

Everything works as advertised and the B-mobile APNs were already in the phone. I just had to select the Sumaho LTE APN and it worked immediately.

Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th November 2013, 02:47 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Tokyo

723 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by visceralpsyche

Just checking in as I'm also here in Japan and using the B-mobile Sumaho LTE plan (I was already using it on my Nexus 4 so I had no changeover problems).

I checked out Akiba and couldn't find any cases either. Hope they get some soon! I ordered my phone via the Play Store first day and it was delivered yesterday.

Everything works as advertised and the B-mobile APNs were already in the phone. I just had to select the Sumaho LTE APN and it worked immediately.

There were a few cases available on amazon.co.jp, but all went out of stock by thursday. I ordered the last one of two different styles and one of them should be arriving today.

There should be no shortage by next friday when emobile starts selling them.
The Following User Says Thank You to evildave_666 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2013, 02:47 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Tokyo

723 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmamon

staff at Bic camera told me that Nexus 5 will be available next fri.(15 Nov.)

These would only be emobile contract-required ones, if they didn't already tell you that.

The Following User Says Thank You to evildave_666 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread