Finally got mine!

OP sal1311

18th February 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 21

75 posts
This is hands down the phone I've been waiting for! Perfect screen size with a great processor and stock android. This phone is fantastic. I've had soooo many phones in the past year it's insane. Galaxy note 2 and 3 galaxy s4 htc one Sony xperia z ultra HTC one again galaxy note 3 again and none have made me happy. Alot has to do with ask the bloat that those phones have. I don't know how to root devices and play with the software. All I've wanted was a nice die phone that's snappy and smooth with a nice size screen and stock android. I now have it and couldn't be happier. I'm a little scared as to how the battery life will be as I'm a heavy internet user but time will tell. Gonna order a wireless charger and case now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sal1311 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 314

2,015 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal1311

This is hands down the phone I've been waiting for! Perfect screen size with a great processor and stock android. This phone is fantastic. I've had soooo many phones in the past year it's insane. Galaxy note 2 and 3 galaxy s4 htc one Sony xperia z ultra HTC one again galaxy note 3 again and none have made me happy. Alot has to do with ask the bloat that those phones have. I don't know how to root devices and play with the software. All I've wanted was a nice die phone that's snappy and smooth with a nice size screen and stock android. I now have it and couldn't be happier. I'm a little scared as to how the battery life will be as I'm a heavy internet user but time will tell. Gonna order a wireless charger and case now.

If you're looking for a budget wireless charger that gets the job done and is a trusted name then purchase the Nokia DT-900 (it's about $25 from at&t) and if you're looking for one that tilts then get the DT-910.

I have the DT-910 and it's wonderful. Stay away from off brand chargers because it can damage you're phone or even cause a fire!

Welcome to this wonderful community and enjoy your Nexus 5!

sent from my neXus 5
18th February 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #3  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,211

23,232 posts
More
Quote:

This is hands down the phone I've been waiting for!

Its normal to receive the Nexus 5 when you order a Nexus 5. Its not a lottery

I'd be really annoyed if I was waiting for a nexus 5 and something else arrived

+1 for dt-910

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,145

8,558 posts
More
Quote:

If you plan on rooting the device read the first 4 threads well in the General section before you do anything
18th February 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 105

102 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Its normal to receive the Nexus 5 when you order a Nexus 5. Its not a lottery

I'd be really annoyed if I was waiting for a nexus 5 and something else arrived

+1 for dt-910

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dude, some of the guys 'round here got nothing but a rattling button!
The Following User Says Thank You to NotFromMountainView For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 384

965 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

If you plan on rooting the device read the first 4 threads well in the General section before you do anything

Coming from N4 I know all I needed was to download the recovery.img and then start downloading roms. =w=
All you need is ADB/Fastboot
18th February 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,145

8,558 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiD3991

Coming from N4 I know all I needed was to download the recovery.img and then start downloading roms. =w=
All you need is ADB/Fastboot

Sorry for not recognizing the sheer magitude of your wisdom, the N5 though will be flagged when unlocking/rooting which the N4 didn`t have, you can reset it though but i`am sure you allready know that
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 21

75 posts
Your just to funny. Have you nothing better to do. I don't want to get thrown off the forum so I'll keep some of my choice words to myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to sal1311 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #9  
Flag The blood bath known as Chicago IL.
Thanks Meter: 733

2,035 posts
More
Awesome thread! Can't wait to read about your next small step in life.

good day.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chopper the dog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 01:57 PM   |  #10  
Flag Scranton
Thanks Meter: 10

115 posts
More
Quote:

Congrats! And Enjoy!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread