XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Finally got mine!

Tip us?

sal1311
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Finally got mine!

This is hands down the phone I've been waiting for! Perfect screen size with a great processor and stock android. This phone is fantastic. I've had soooo many phones in the past year it's insane. Galaxy note 2 and 3 galaxy s4 htc one Sony xperia z ultra HTC one again galaxy note 3 again and none have made me happy. Alot has to do with ask the bloat that those phones have. I don't know how to root devices and play with the software. All I've wanted was a nice die phone that's snappy and smooth with a nice size screen and stock android. I now have it and couldn't be happier. I'm a little scared as to how the battery life will be as I'm a heavy internet user but time will tell. Gonna order a wireless charger and case now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to sal1311 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OuncE718
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal1311 View Post
This is hands down the phone I've been waiting for! Perfect screen size with a great processor and stock android. This phone is fantastic. I've had soooo many phones in the past year it's insane. Galaxy note 2 and 3 galaxy s4 htc one Sony xperia z ultra HTC one again galaxy note 3 again and none have made me happy. Alot has to do with ask the bloat that those phones have. I don't know how to root devices and play with the software. All I've wanted was a nice die phone that's snappy and smooth with a nice size screen and stock android. I now have it and couldn't be happier. I'm a little scared as to how the battery life will be as I'm a heavy internet user but time will tell. Gonna order a wireless charger and case now.

If you're looking for a budget wireless charger that gets the job done and is a trusted name then purchase the Nokia DT-900 (it's about $25 from at&t) and if you're looking for one that tilts then get the DT-910.

I have the DT-910 and it's wonderful. Stay away from off brand chargers because it can damage you're phone or even cause a fire!

Welcome to this wonderful community and enjoy your Nexus 5!

sent from my neXus 5

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7411
Quote:
This is hands down the phone I've been waiting for!
Its normal to receive the Nexus 5 when you order a Nexus 5. Its not a lottery

I'd be really annoyed if I was waiting for a nexus 5 and something else arrived

+1 for dt-910

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2541
Quote:

If you plan on rooting the device read the first 4 threads well in the General section before you do anything
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

NotFromMountainView
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Its normal to receive the Nexus 5 when you order a Nexus 5. Its not a lottery

I'd be really annoyed if I was waiting for a nexus 5 and something else arrived

+1 for dt-910

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Dude, some of the guys 'round here got nothing but a rattling button!
The Following User Says Thank You to NotFromMountainView For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KiD3991
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
If you plan on rooting the device read the first 4 threads well in the General section before you do anything
Coming from N4 I know all I needed was to download the recovery.img and then start downloading roms. =w=
All you need is ADB/Fastboot

Device Name: Nexus 5 HammerHead
ROM: PSX
Kernel & Tweaks: Franco/Trinity

Devices I meddled with:
Google Nexus 5(my new lady), Google Nexus 4(Sold), Samsung Nexus S(present), LG Optimus 4X HD P880(sold), HTC Sensation XE Pyramid(sold), Samsung Galaxy Wonder i8150(spare)

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2541
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiD3991 View Post
Coming from N4 I know all I needed was to download the recovery.img and then start downloading roms. =w=
All you need is ADB/Fastboot
Sorry for not recognizing the sheer magitude of your wisdom, the N5 though will be flagged when unlocking/rooting which the N4 didn`t have, you can reset it though but i`am sure you allready know that
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sal1311
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Your just to funny. Have you nothing better to do. I don't want to get thrown off the forum so I'll keep some of my choice words to myself.

chopper the dog
Old
Thanks Meter 730
Awesome thread! Can't wait to read about your next small step in life.

good day.
$3 charging dock for the galaxy nexus. SEE HERE.
If I annoyed you. Hit the thanks button.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chopper the dog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kresk
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:

Congrats! And Enjoy!