Google Nexus 6 - What do you think?

Search This thread

nigelhealy

Aug 3, 2012
Preston
I just dropped water on the bottom of my GS3 and messed up the the bottom 1/4 of the display....

1) I sure hope the nexus 6 comes sometime in October (or sooner)

2) I've never been so happy to have ads show up in apps! (The ones across the bottom)

Sent from Galaxy S3 running CM11

The price and spec of the OPO is good, I bought one for my son, he liked, no flaws, bought one for my neighbour, he liked no flaws, bought one for myself (yes that good). I know OPO gets bad press but a lot of it is venting due to hard to get the phone followed by bugs of which many arent real. It is really the "son of Nexus".

I got another Europe trip coming up and looking forward to better battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

XdrummerXboy

May 21, 2012
AZ
The price and spec of the OPO is good, I bought one for my son, he liked, no flaws, bought one for my neighbour, he liked no flaws, bought one for myself (yes that good). I know OPO gets bad press but a lot of it is venting due to hard to get the phone followed by bugs of which many arent real. It is really the "son of Nexus".

Oh I'd love an OPPO, but not available for Verizon, my carrier :/

nigelhealy

Aug 3, 2012
Preston
Oh I'd love an OPPO, but not available for Verizon, my carrier :/

cheap fast reliable is my mantra. Hence Nexus, OPO, StraightTalk. I moved my neighbour from Verizon and my son from Sprint and both say glad they switched. I prefer T-Mobile's pricing but they dont have the coverage across USA. I put a UK SIM in my phone as I leave USA which covers Europe, so I only take GSM unlocked phones.

Oh cringe, Verizon.....

Reactions: DanCapoDaDon

XdrummerXboy

May 21, 2012
AZ
cheap fast reliable is my mantra. Hence Nexus, OPO, StraightTalk. I moved my neighbour from Verizon and my son from Sprint and both say glad they switched. I prefer T-Mobile's pricing but they dont have the coverage across USA. I put a UK SIM in my phone as I leave USA which covers Europe, so I only take GSM unlocked phones.

Oh cringe, Verizon.....

Yes, Verizon is a bit of a pain to be with sometimes, to me its mainly just the supported devices, as I feel the pricing is reasonable for the amount of coverage they offer.

I REALLY wish they were GSM though. I still have unlimited 4G LTE through Verizon though.

I was just looking at Straighttalk. $495 a year ($41.25 a month) for unlimited everything? That's a pretty good deal. How is their coverage and support for devices?

nigelhealy

Aug 3, 2012
Preston
Yes, Verizon is a bit of a pain to be with sometimes, to me its mainly just the supported devices, as I feel the pricing is reasonable for the amount of coverage they offer.

I REALLY wish they were GSM though. I still have unlimited 4G LTE through Verizon though.

I was just looking at Straighttalk. $495 a year ($41.25 a month) for unlimited everything? That's a pretty good deal. How is their coverage and support for devices?

The concept is
- you get your OS support from the community. So say stock or CM or PA etc
- unlocked phone of high spec.
- monthly carrier cost and switch porting number to get best deal and coverage

In case of OPO you're buying the phone and really just need OPO around to cover phone warranty. You are really committing to CM who give your OS patch and upgrade e.g Android L. Straightalk is just a cheap monthly provider I never call support as it works. Straightalk is not unlimited 4G it is 4G til 3GB then slower. You pair the limited 4G with the OPO 64GB storage and use local media you get when home on WiFi and complement with otg as required. The local storage then means isolated from speed and coverage issues.

Its an open reliable cheaper approach overall.

Reactions: XdrummerXboy

cas8180

Apr 1, 2007
Las Vegas

I believe att gets just as good of coverage and using them on straight talk is the best way to go IMO.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: XdrummerXboy

t-shock

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
Thessaloniki, Central Macedonia
I think

I think that the next smartphone from google, will the :

Qualcom Snapdragon 810 64Bit
3GB RAM
32 or 64 GB internal memory
2k screen resolution
Adreno 430 GPU
20.7MP Camera
5.5 or 5.7 inch screen

The phone will be named ''Silver one'' and the company will be HTC or Motorola (Sony :p :p :p :silly: hahahahaha)
It will cost around 400 - 550 euro

Overdose1986

Jan 23, 2012
Nexus 6 will have a Mediatek octacore CPU and... I'll pass

You mean "the father", I got a N4 and N5 and the 1+One beats them, its faster, great quality build, awesome 13mpx camera, super crazy price, cyanogenmod... Amazing phone

nigelhealy

Aug 3, 2012
Preston
Nexus 6 will have a Mediatek octacore CPU and... I'll pass

You mean "the father", I got a N4 and N5 and the 1+One beats them, its faster, great quality build, awesome 13mpx camera, super crazy price, cyanogenmod... Amazing phone

I agree a great phone BUT 90% of people I mix with just say too big a phone it loses its single handed capability above the Nexus 5 size.

Does not suit most people. I am ambivalent about it. Wins on some issues like what you said but loses on others which is really pocket and one handed size.

For that negative point and from ownership experience I think make the speed and specs of OPO just make it the N5 size and perfect.

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
I agree a great phone BUT 90% of people I mix with just say too big a phone it loses its single handed capability above the Nexus 5 size.

Does not suit most people. I am ambivalent about it. Wins on some issues like what you said but loses on others which is really pocket and one handed size.

For that negative point and from ownership experience I think make the speed and specs of OPO just make it the N5 size and perfect.

Agreed. I played around with a One+ and was impressed by everything but it's just too large. N5 is already impossible to reach the top of the screen without shifting your hand, but the same action with the OPO has it teetering back and forth precariously due to its extreme length.

I think everyone wants a bigger screen for obvious reasons and will continue to buy larger phones, but after using one for a while most will come to the realization that they're just too big for daily mobile use. In that way I don't see tablets disappearing any time soon and I think after this 6" screen rush the focus will shift back down to 5".

Reactions: nigelhealy
D

Darth

Was going to hold on to my n5 til it dies... But my carrier offered me a free M8....going for it. ?

jworkcoo

Mar 5, 2010
Columbus
www.abw711.com
Just bought this on contract for only $20 bucks...Coming from the Note 2. Man there is a lot of development on this phone. Took me awhile to figure out what Rom I wanted to flash first...haha

dondian

May 20, 2007
Well till last week I was also in the "Nexus 5 is the optimal size" camp.

After 1 week with 1+1, I wish whoever ends up making next Nexus, goes for 5,5" and tiny bezel.

Reactions: DigitalUnderground

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If the N6 is going to be the first Nexus with 64 processor and OS, then Google please call it N64, that would be awesome :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Honestly, if the new nexus doesnt have atleast have a 780ti equivalent gpu, it will fail, it better have atleast 12gbs of ram with a 32 inch screen. and if it doesnt make me smoothies, ill pass
    Will it be called Nexus 6 ? The number represent the screen.

Not sure that google will make a 6" phone. Maybe it'll be like the Nexus 7 ? A 2014 version of Nexus 5 ?

I would reply to this..but typing is a **** on my Nexus One.
    Spec wise, not on the OS end.
    Oh you mean fancy names that generally don't mean anything?
    1Gig
    Dual core
    Same 8mp camera
    Now a bigger phone which Apple mockingly talked about Samsung in their last keynote, said they would never upsize but now offer a 5.5 inch phone with the same specs as the 4.7 phone??

Or did you mean the same 16-32 storage with that ridiculous price tag for a 2 year lockdown?

Nah Google is fine. Believe me.

b2c2fea4253e19b03bff2d7e914eb680.jpg

[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]
    Honestly if this size crying does not stop I might be tempted to make another N6 thread for actual discussion on the technology and the software. Not an bloody echo chamber about how its too big for them.

Hell with the amount of complaining about size you would think this would be something that was going to be forced into everyone's anal cavity, Not a mobile device. Its absolutely absurd the amount of *****ing is taking place here.

Can we just have a goddamn civil discussion on the Nexus 6 without having to ***** on the size? Please?!?